The Revolution Solution (I guess)

Hello internet

Today I am going to talk about Revolutionary discoveries such as sliced bread, electricity and pizza. Just kidding although I was on to something with Revolutionary, that’s right this project was about revolutions (in my case the French one) and what starts them and ends them. 

The driving question for this project was,

“How did revolutions bring down empires and change societies around the world?”

This is a big question for a small class but luckily we had time and perseverance on our side, but did I have confidence, well no but I’m was required to do it anyway.

First of all we need to learn about what makes a Revolution a Revolution. Luckily crane brinton a French historian from America decided to research into how a revolution starts and what the different stages of it are. (If you would like to learn more here is an image of the process of a revolution)

Now we know what a revolution is we found out the main focus of this project, we were going to perform a live court case deciding whether our assigned revolution was effective or ineffective. I was terrified for this because I do not like improv and our group was outnumbered four to six, but I was semi-prepared to do it.

To have a chance in this court case we had to make 3 main points to guide our argument in the form of an affidavit. This is a written statement backed up with evidence to assist you in court, we made a meh affidavit and we very ill prepared then on top of that our teacher had a baby with his wife and went on paternity leave which left us with a substitute who didn’t really know what we were doing, then the next week we had a new sub and we were no longer doing an improvised performance. This was great for our group because at this point we were lost and didn’t know what to do. We found out that we were doing a scripted video instead. This was going to be a lot easier because we could collaborate with the other class…. Right,  well they didn’t seem to think that’s what we were doing this together which became a whole new struggle. This has been a lot of writing so here is a photo of a cute puppy, take a 10 second break.

Ok we are back. Change of plans we are no longer going by a script and instead filming a one sided video of our court case which would later be spliced together with the other group by a teacher (this is still yet to happen to my knowledge) this was the best possible news because we now could take our time write a script an act everything out in our own time, I could also edit things how I wanted them too be. We wrote the script film the videos and made the film this is the product of our hard work.

Go check out Ronan, Luca and Owen’s blogs they did great.

Now back to the driving question.

Revolutions cause political change like dissolution of a monarchy or the introduction of dictatorships, they also can cause disruption of an economy and havoc among citizens.

This can shake up societies even outside the revolution’s original country as places may fear it will spread to them. They can also start wars that have unneeded deaths, however they can have good side effects like giving a voice to the people and overthrowing corrupt leaders.

Ok bye