MpšŸ˜¢l

It is once again the time of year that I must do my mpol.

ā€œThank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.ā€

If you are new here that stands for mid year year presentation of learning, in short I have to do a presentation to one of my teachers and my parents where I look back at what work I have done so far this semester. There is no driving question to be answered this blog so letā€™s get started.

SCIENCE

First subject Iā€™ll review is science as I feel it has been my best class.

I have really liked science this year and itā€™s because our teacher miss kadi tryā€™s her hardest to make us enjoy lessons and gives us fun tasks to do, some examples of this that Iā€™m proud of are my bio accumulation gif

And my sexual reproduction puppet show.

Those are some things Iā€™m proud of now for something Iā€™m not proud of.

I donā€™t think my acting was very good in the mock news report my group made (this isnā€™t at all my group members fault I just didnā€™t learn my lines and kept looking at my script. If I could go back I would try to learn my lines and make it look more real. Here it is

HUMANITIES

Next class Iā€™ll discuss is humanities. I feel this has been my worst class and itā€™s probably because I donā€™t really like English as a subject or really writing in general, I donā€™t think I had and outstanding work this year but Iā€™m proud of my revolution on trial video. I didnā€™t have much of an acting job in this but I think I edited it all together quite well and I directed it as a good leader. The video shows a court case to decide if the French Revolution was effective or ineffective our side was ineffective hereā€™s the video.

Now for the thing Iā€™m not proud of this is a no-brainer for me, my book creator on the geography of the west. I didnā€™t enjoy this project probably because I didnā€™t go on the big trip to Alberta at the start of the year, people say this is what made the trip worth it and I think I agree because I didnā€™t understand most of the project. I was sick for one week and came back understanding nothing. The people who stayed home didnā€™t really get the help we needed and we just got put in the back of a science classroom. I donā€™t think I did well because I handed it in about a month late and didnā€™t do well in answering all the question. If you want to see it here it is.

How has the geography of the West shaped who we are?

MAKER

Next subject is maker. I mostly had fun in this class because we made lots of videos and films and all my favourite teachers were in this class. This semester it was almost all related to films which I love making. Iā€™m proud of my ā€œwhat inspires me videoā€, itā€™s shows who I am and you can basically get an understanding of what Iā€™m like as a person from this video. I spent a lot of time on it and I think it turned out great. Hereā€™s the video

Iā€™m not really proud the goals section of the first maker project. Iā€™m not much of a goal setting guy so I donā€™t really see the point. I would make a goal then forget about it. Thereā€™s nothing I can show to help you understand this part because we didnā€™t really make much but I doubt it would be interesting anyway. I just didnā€™t really understand this part and therefore didnā€™t enjoy it much.

Now all of the subjects are complete I would like to discuss my core competencies. For those of you who donā€™t know what these are in plp we have certain categories that you need to master to be the ultimate competency master. Just kidding these are things you need to be to be a successful person. They are communicating, collaborating, creative thinking, critical and reflective thinking, personal awareness and responsibility, positive personal and cultural identity and finally social awareness and responsibility. We have numbers for all of these to rank you understanding of them. Iā€™ll go through them on by one.

COMMUNICATING

Personally Iā€™m quite a quiet person when on my own, if I donā€™t know the people around me I wonā€™t really speak up and spread my points and ideas unless Iā€™m asked or need to take charge. If Iā€™m with people Iā€™m comfortable around I can speak up well but in unfamiliar setting in the shy kid. I donā€™t want to seem like ā€œthat guyā€ so I keep to myself and just go with what Iā€™m told to do. I could definitely improve on this.

COLLABORATINGĀ 

This is kinda like communication. Iā€™m good when I know the people but terrible with people I donā€™t know. This makes me a good listener though and Iā€™ll try to help out as much as I can. I try to not be a nuisance and just keep quiet but I know I shouldnā€™t do that. In the future I will try to be a better group member and participate more.

CREATIVE THINKING

Iā€™m a thinker. I have the wildest and craziest ideas and thought and questions but I donā€™t have the confidence to share them. I come up with things I donā€™t even know where I got from but itā€™s part of what makes me me. I do a lot in my head and think about so much and I think itā€™s because of my ADHD. Iā€™m quite a good creative thinker and I value that property.

CRITICAL AND REFLECTIVE THINKING

Iā€™m pretty good at reflecting and criticizing my work, Iā€™m able to look at things and give helpful ways to improve it to others and myself. Reflecting on work is a bit harder for me as I donā€™t quite understand it, I can re-think about what Iā€™ve done but I donā€™t think that changes much. It just feels like looking at my work again. Itā€™s probably just to see what can make things better and if thatā€™s so I think Iā€™m pretty good at that.

PERSONAL AWARENESS AND RESPONSIBILITYĀ 

Iā€™m not very aware of myself in the sense that I donā€™t really plan ahead or think about the consequences if something goes wrong, for example I rely on my mum to wake me up and get me to school, if this doesn’t happen I would wake up late and not be able to get to school as I donā€™t know my way there. That also shows I donā€™t take much responsibility for myself and rely on others to help me do things. I can definitely Improve on this as a person which would make me a lot more well-rounded and independent. I donā€™t think very far ahead and I hope I can get better at this in the future.

Ā 

POSITIVE PERSONAL AND CULTURAL IDENTITY

I quite like myself and although that can be a bad thing I donā€™t think that much of myself. Iā€™m happy with who I am as a person and Iā€™m proud of where Iā€™m from. As one of the few English people I know in Canada I feel very unique and special. Iā€™m aware of my background and where I come from but Iā€™m still able to improve my knowledge around this subject.

SOCIAL AWARENESS AND RESPONSIBILITYĀ 

When it comes to other people relying on me it doesnā€™t happen often but I mostly manage to do what Iā€™ve been asked. Iā€™m socially aware and can understand whatā€™s right and wrong or acceptable or unacceptable but not much further than that. Iā€™m able to be around other people and interact with them respectfully without fail and I can assist others in most environments which I think makes me a socially acceptable and semi-responsible person.

Thanks you for reading my MPOL blog post (if you made it this far) and for doing so here is a cookie.Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā šŸŖĀ 

Itā€™s only a cookie emoji but I hope it finds you well.

Bubye!šŸ‘‹

By January 16, 2023.  No Comments on MpšŸ˜¢l  Random stuf