Finding fun videos

People of the internet!

Tis time for another mini blog post. This one isn’t as mini as the last but still smaller than usual.

This mini project was called finding fun with videos and as you can infer it’s about making fun videos. We learned a bunch of cool editing techniques and had a lot of fun making cool little movies, now onto the blog post. (By the way there was no driving question for this project).

Ok so the first thing we did was learn how to make a jump cut. A jump cut is when you cut off a video at a specific time and then overlay a new video on top. To make it seem like someone disappeared or teleported. Me and my friends attempted to make a ‘ha ha funny video’ where we were doing a YouTube intro but then got sent to the back rooms by our camera man. Here it is. (Don’t forget to like and subscribe 👍)

Next we made a video with an AR (augmented reality) snow globe that had something inside, and a lil extra. AR is something that allows you to overlay pictures and object from a screen into the real world. Like is you wanted to see how a room would look with a picture in it before you put it up you could. Unfortunately I can’t show the video as it has my classroom in it (and I don’t want any creepy online strangers hunting me down) so I’m unable to show it.

Then we learned how to use a green screen. Now unless you’ve been living under a rock, or your really old, a green screen is a, well green backdrop that you can stand in front of to edit your background so you can edit a video or photo to seem like your not where you really are or add things to your room that aren’t there. Our group decided to continue the story of being trapped in the back rooms. Unfortunately the back rooms storyline end here because, well you’ll see why.

After that scary video I took a turn turn and went for more of a comedy vibe with another AR video. This time we needed to use emojis to tell a story in a short video. There isn’t much to explain here so here’s the video.

And finally the climax of this project. We had to mimic a viral/ popular video and create it as a. Drumroll please! 🥁 🥁 🥁 🥁. STOP MOTION VIDEO! We only needed to make a 30 second video but I went above and beyond with a FULL. ONE MINUTE. VIDEO. I know I know how does he do it but I simply had a lot of time on my hands so I decided too because why not. I decided to use my Pokémon Lego and copy a realistic Pokémon battle. After a bit of searching and found the video I wanted. This is it.

Now if you watched it you might be thinking two thing. One there’s no Pokémon in that video. And two that video is 3 minutes long. Well the answers are, I’m going to add the Pokémon fighting, and, I cut down the video so I could keep my sanity intact. After much effort and around 5 hours I had finished my video. Here is my masterpiece.

I know I know you love it. It’s your most favourite thing ever (wait is that even correct grammar).  Well that’s all I have for today so I’ll see you next blog internet person. GOODBYE!

By January 25, 2023.  1 Comment on Finding fun videos  Random stuf   

1 Comment