🎸Medium is the message: My journey in advertising🎸

The driving question for this project is “

The driving question for this project is “How does what does what we see, read, and hear influence the world around us. The way we learned was by being assigned a business and creating an ad for it. Above are all the advertisement drafts that I made.

……………………………..……………………………..……………………………..……………………………..…………

When we were learning about advertising in class we watched some videos and looked at advertisements and gave our feedback. We watched a video called “Welcome Home”  in class and then wrote an analysis about who we thought the target audience was for the product. We also talked to Mr. Hepburn who criticized our ads and gave us feedback and advice to make our ads better.

A bit of information about the business 

The business my group was assigned was DCM (Deep Cove Music) which is a music store in Deep Cove, hence the name. I went to DCM one weekend to take photos for my advertisement. DCM is located beside the Raven in Deep Cove and offers music supplies as well as lessons. 

The Big idea

For this project the big idea was to:

-Enhance our knowledge on how the media uses advertising to influence the decisions we make

-To help ourselves become better educated citizens who are able to recognize when advertising techniques are being used on ourselves.

-Understanding how what we see, hear, and read influences the way we view the world 

Evidence of my learning

One of the pieces of my evidence of my learning is the historical media analysis where I analyzed an ad from the past and demonstrated my understanding in a paragraph.

Another piece of my evidence is my final group ad for DCM. The group ad was based of my individual ad. It showed how I understood techniques for advertising and my ability to give and take constructive criticism. It also showed how I could revise and reflect on my ad.

Strengths and Stretches 

I think that in this project I learned what some of my strength and stretches are:

Strengths: I can take constructive criticism, I can work collaboratively with my teammates, and I can use imagery to enhance my ad. 

Stretches: I have difficulties making constructive criticism helpful and I find it hard to interact naturally with with adults.

In conclusion the way that what I see, read, and hear influences the world around me is by for sometimes when you have an ad pop up on your computer everyday for gloves, and then one day you need to buy some gloves you remember the gloves from the ad and buy them. If an ad is eye catching you might look at it and maybe the ad was for a drink and when you saw the ad you started to want to have that drink. Advertisers use Ethos Pathos and Logos to enhance ads. A good advertisement tells a story and sticks in you mind.