šŸ¦‹Mpol blog postšŸ¦‹

Today I will be talking about what I have learned so far this year. I will be talking about things Iā€™ve done well and things Iā€™ve done not so well.

The first project Iā€™m going to be talking about is a maker project. It was the first project Iā€™d ever done in PLP and it was the becoming a PLP learner project. It involved me finding out more about myself as a learner and I had so much fun doing it. I did things like creating a Memoji that really stand out to me. One of the ways we discover ourselves was using a big life journal which was a journal with writing prompts and activities for us to use as tools!

I learned a lot about myself through that project and because it was my first project I also got to meet and get to know some of my classmates! In that project because it was a maker project I got to do artsy things and art is one of my stronger subjects so I feel that I did a good job on that. One of the things I didnā€™t do so well on was reflecting on it. It was my first time ever reflecting on my work and I didnā€™t really understand what I was doing. My reflection was pretty shallow and didnā€™t dive deep into what I had learned. Now I have learned the skills to go a little deeper with my reflections!

The second project I will be talking about is my humanities Outsiders project. It was a project where we read the S.E Hinton novel the outsiders and then performed it live as a tableu!

What I feel I did well in this project was my reflection. In the blog post I wrote to reflect on it! I felt that I dove really deep into what I had learned and the connections that I made. I also loved the exhibition itself. I thought I was so fun to set up in the library and transform the space into a scene from the book. Now for the bad part, for this project I feel like I did a bad job with the teamwork. Iā€™ve had trouble working with groups for projects in the past but I did not feel like me and my group were getting along. We were constantly fighting with each other and it was hard for us to work together. I have improved with teamwork thought for example just the other day in DI (destination imagination) my group got along so well and we were supportive and listing to each other and we ending up tying for first place!

Another thing I struggle with is my fear of public speaking. Whenever I have to perform something I become a nervous wreak and that is hard because sometimes I have things in my mind that I want to share but I struggle to talk about it.

The third project I will be talking about today is the scimatics tectonic chances project where we had to create a board game about volcanos.

Now right away I will say that science and math is not my strongest area.I often struggle with and find it confusing. In this project what I did well was helping come up with the rules and designing the game board. I incorporated my create mind the help with the rules! What is struggled with was doing the assignments and handing them in on time. Usually this was because I didnā€™t understand the task and I did not feel comfortable asking my friends and classmates about it. I am working on that though and getting help for things like that. I am also using tools like things to help me so that I donā€™t forget to hand things in.

In conclusion so far this year I have learned about myself and I was drastically improved my abilities to work in a time. Ā In the future what I will be working on is handing in assignments on time and practicing public speaking so it gets easier!