Destination imagination-the finale product

What is destination imagination? (Which i will now be referring to as DI) is a hands-on, project-based educational experience that encourages creativity, collaboration, communication and critical thinking skills. Each year seven new STEAM challenges are created by teams of content experts and educators to help students from K to Grade 12 learn HOW to think, not WHAT to think. Destination Imagination applies the creative process to help student teams create their own unique solutions to the requirements posed by the Challenges. So that is their own explanation of what destination imagination is, but my take on destination imagination is that it is one of those things that are created by rich people who mean to do good. My first experience with DI was when i was about 11/12 years old when my mom tried to get me and a one of day friend and one of his friend to do DI together, but i never saw the point of it. In my mind it was some dumb challenge. So then a couple of years later when i am in high school, i am in a programme called the plp and they tell us that we will be doing some programme called di and i payed no mind to it

Eventually it came time for me to do destination imagination imagination and they told us to pick a challenge out of improve, fine arts technical and scientific. I wanted to do the technical challenge e but they gave me the scientific challenge. In the scientific challenge we had to have a mysterious object, a type of microscopy technique and we had to have two team choice element s that we incorporated into the story. We then had to create a story make some backdrops, create costumes and have some team choice elements incorporated into the story an or backdrop.

The other thing that we did at di was an instant challenge. I am not aloud to talk about my instant challenge, but i can talk about what an instant challenge is. An instant challenge is something that you have to do on the day of a di tournament you are give an challenge by the appraisers. Most of the challenge are either improve based, building a solution for something out of limited materials, or created a prop for a story. 

The final thing that we had to for DI was we had to take a team photo in a car.

Here is my horrible explanation on whaat DI is, underneath is some media of my DI experiences.

Here are my groupmate’s blogs Jackson, Susan, Caden, Kadin, Owen, and Naomi.