Chemistry Coding 🥋💻

Hello friends,

Over the past few months we have been doing a project called chemistry coding. The first thing we did was ask about the project and then our teacher added that we were going to have to know the kinetic molecular theory and the atomic theory. I had some questions lots of questions so we did our normal start to one of our projects by doing a project start mind map and I used this to my advantage by asking lots of questions by the way this was milestone 1. Here it is!

As you see I asked a lot of questions and I had lots of thoughts about this project but while doing this our teacher told us we were going to be doing a game about these two theory’s. I was making more sense of the project because it has coding in the title. But after the mind map we got started on doing workbooks but in the middle of doing that we did a lab about density of matter so we weighed diamonds in water to see how it would react here is the lab report etc.

As you see it was complicated but it definitely helped me to better understand matter and now I will show you a workbook I did to get an idea on what I was doing.

2.3 workbook

This was definitely one of the hardest workbooks but, I only got better because of this workbook because milestone 3 showed that. But to test our knowledge about famous people who had different theories of matter we put that to a test in milestone 2. Here it is!

This wasn’t my best piece of work. But it definitely did the job. Something that overdid the job was milestone 3 atomic theory test and I got a great mark because I got 40 out of 50 which was one of the highest marks.

But moving on milestone 4 was a big step in this project because this is when we started the plan of making our coded game using scratch. Here is my plan!

I thought that this was going to be a great game and it was trust me. Here is a couple of screen shots of me making the game in scratch.

As you see it was a complicated game and a huge thanks to Christian for helping me.

Here is my game enjoy. Game

The next thing we did after making the game was redo our mind map and we got to add in whatever we want. I added in the answers to a bunch of my questions and here it is.

Now to talk about my competencies.

Questioning and predicting: I think I showed a curios mind in this project I also think I asked lots of questions to understand the project.

Scientific communication: I think I completely spoke clearly about the project and the scientific matters in a sophisticated way.

Reasoning and analyzing: I think I used logic and patterns in my coding I also analyzed the project to use it in my game.