HANDLE WITH CARE ( First PLP 9 Post )

Welcome to my first blog post in grade 9 this post is on my science 9 project called handle with care.

The driving question for this project is: In what ways have humans impacted the delicate cycles within our local ecosystems and how can we lessen our impact?

To start off the project we looked at how are ecosystems are impacted both badly and greatly, but our first real milestone was a food web on how our ecosystems connects and how if we kill off one thing we kill off many that rely on this animal or insect to live. Here it is!

Here is my reflection on the food web by the way.

In my foodweb you can see 10 living things and non living things and I made red lines to show the web of prey and predator for animals. For example I will tell you about the system like the eagle is a predator and a predator only. since the land animals will not be able to kill them but the eagle kills squirrels, which feed on nuts to keep it healthy and delicious for the eagle. Another prey for the eagle is the grouse which feeds on rocks and berrys to keep it healthy. Now the bear likes to rub its back on trees which is a fact but my main focus is it is a animal that is a predator only and feeds on caribou which feeds on grass and berrys and things off of living trees. Another prey is the grouse and squirrels. Now for my Amin reflection the goal of this was to make 8 living things or 10 living things and 2 non living things or 0 living things. Another thing I want to talk about is how we built up to this we first talked about the food chain and then talked about how we don’t notice that for example a wolf needs deer and if we kill wolfs then deer will over populate and ruin our grasslands which shows you how important the eco system is. Thanks

CameronBR

Now, our next step in this project was to team up and read and communicate with our peers about what the wolf cull in BC is about? I would like to show you the second milestone the news report on the wolf cull her is the video.

THE WOLF CULL

Now since you have learned the concepts of what we are trying to do which is tell you about how we are affecting the environment.
Then we got to the final product where we add all of the things we one over time and put them into a fake instagram post to show how we are affecting the environment.
Here are the five I made!

This concludes my handle with care blog post and I hope for you to join my next reflections soon again!

Thanks CameronBR