What the Hell is a Triptych?

The Renaissance was an important time period in history, and I’m here to reflect on what I learned the Renaissance project that we did in Humanities. Just a reminder of what we did in this project; created a triptych (a picture or relief carving on three panels, typically hinged together side by side and used as an altarpiece) includes —>, wrote a paragraph about either an innovator, an artistic accomplishment, an innovation, or a societal chance, triptych also included a photo of us (Memoji, Bitmoji, photo), and the most significant development that you chose from Renaissance era. First off, I’m going to show my triptych, then reflect on it, show off my specific paragraph, then reflect on that, then draw a conclusion. Now, time to show you what I did.

My Triptych

I put a lot of work into my triptych, and as you can see I chose some pretty unique things. For my innovator, I chose William Shakespeare because he directed and created many famous plays that affected lots of people. For an artistic accomplishment, I chose the Mona Lisa because personally I think that most people know this famous painting and this was a very significant item of choice. I chose the parachute as my significant invention because I wanted to challenge my self by proving a less significant invention to actually be just as significant. Lastly, I chose access to knowledge and education as my societal chance because I feel like those two things are key in a person’s successful life. I had a lot of fun making the triptych because the whole idea of the triptych to me was new and I thought it was really cool show things off in that sort of style.

The Paragraph

”The parachute; a safety invention that turned into so much more. What started out as a thought  is now something used by military specialists. I find that the parachute has been a very significant invention from the Renaissance era and this invention matters it me.

The original idea behind the creation was noble, and this idea is what sparked creativity in many others, and saved many lives. The idea that Garnerin thought of when he attempted to create this invention was to slow an individual’s fall when jumping from a high altitude. This was a good idea for lots of reasons. One of my favourite examples is as follows: (Scene: burning building upper floor) you could put on your parachute and jump out a window to safety without injuring yourself too much.

In 1783, Leonardo da Vinci and Fausto Veranzio invented the very first parachute, although a vague drawing idea for a parachute was discovered all the way back in the 1470s in Renaissance Italy.

The parachute was used for both military use, and for thrill, and that has continued to the present. The parachute may not be the most significant invention, but it sure is up there.”

My paragraph was inspired by the under-appreciated parachute. I think it was an important invention because:

One reason I find the parachute to be so significant is because with it, people experience the thrill of their lives that would not be possible to experience without this invention. What I mean by this is skydiving. It would not be possible to, without the parachute, experience such a thing. I mean, imagine tying to skydive with a hang-glider (P.S. that would not work out great). Another reason why the parachute is so important to me is because you can do so many cool things with it. One thing you can do is ride a bike off a cliff and survive! (https://youtu.be/raWeLOpo56A) Another thing you can do is go skydiving (really cool [definitely something I want to do in my lifetime]). (https://youtu.be/rTM8vXtdIUA) (https://youtu.be/j54R3P76aS4) Skiing is another cool thing you can do with parachutes, and it looks really beautiful (https://youtu.be/u6QUODOxvgw) My final reason on why the parachute has been such a significant invention is because it has helped people get from air to ground safely without injuring themselves. This has become especially useful in the army when they are doing covert missions and need to sneak behind enemy lines. It is extremely helpful in the military as well as just in the regular world. That’s just a few reasons why the parachute is important. It is extremely helpful in the military as well as just in the regular world. The parachute is unparalleled in the significance column in my opinion.

In conclusion, this project as a whole was a really enjoyable experience for me and a very pleasant project.

Thanks for Reading My Blog!

The End