Skill Sprint with Videos

Finding Fun with Videos

Jumpcuts

What went well with Jumpcuts?

I think that the transitions were very clean. We put lots of effort into them in the limited time that we had to film it and edit it. I’m also very pleased with the idea for our video. We decided to have a “teleportation device” be discovered, but instead of teleporting the person who pressed it, it teleports random person there and away again.

What would I improve on next time with Jumpcuts?

Next time, I would hope to keep the camera angles more consistent so that the screen doesn’t jump around so much during transitions. That way, the transitions would be a bit smoother and less unstable.

AR Snow Globe

What went well with my AR Snow Globe?

Remember those rubber red dodgeballs from gym class in elementary school?

Yeah, those ones.

Well, I kinda sorta put one in a snow globe. I have nothing else to say. It’s perfect in every way. (Hey, that rhymes \(^ヮ^)/ )

What would I improve on next time with my AR Snow Globe?

This was a pretty open activity, but there’s I few things I might change next time if I had the time. I would probably choose an image a bit more relevant to school (for example: a past assignments final product). Next time, I would, if possible, get the video in a plainer area with a more simple background and less details/people.

Green Screen Travel Videos

What went well with the Green Screen Travel Video?

I’m very happy with how this turned out. Who knew I could visit so many places with the click of a button (Sorry about the Ohio meme, that was very dead). I’m also satisfied with the fact that I could incorporate the jump cut technique from earlier into this as well (if not stealing the idea).

What would I improve on next time with the Green Screen Travel Video?

Next time, I think I would probably make the cuts a bit cleaner. I would also remove the Ohio sign because that isn’t that funny anymore and school assignments should be completed more seriously than if it were a personal creation.

Memoji Storytelling

What went well with Memoji Storytelling?

I think that the AR elements and transfer from Keynote to AR Makr went very well. I’m happy that I came up with such a funny idea, and I’m glad that the photo shots worked well.

What would I improve on next time with Memoji Storytelling?

I would like to improve my drawing skills as I was not happy with the final product of the Memoji storytelling. I want to add more details. I also want to make them look more realistic and less plain. I would like to, in the future work on my drawing skills more and refine them.

Viral Video Stopmotion

the link doesn’t work since copyright so just click on this

What went well with my group’s Viral Video Stopmotion?

The process of creating this was certainly a long one, one so long it stretched into the weekend. Just like in the Exciting Electricity project (blog here), I had trouble coming up with what to make originally. I decided to partner with a friend of mine (his blog here), and we came up with, you guessed it, Rick Astley’s “Never Gonna Give You Up”. I’m very proud of how this ended up turning out. Some of the things I specifically liked were the characters, which I worked very hard on creating, as well as the frame by frame shots, which were meant to be closely related to the original music video. My friend made the backgrounds and helped me take some of the stopmotion shots.

What would I improve on next time with my group’s Viral Video Stopmotion?

Next time, I’d like to make the frames a bit more similar, and get the arm movement more precise. Other than that, I’m very happy with my final video.