Chemistry Coding A Scimatics Project

Good Morning/Goodnight/GoodAfternoon.

I’m back with a scimatics blog post so this project was Chemistry Coding. In this project we learned about matter and its different forms and diffrent states of matter on elements i.e water of magnesium. To code this we used scratch (learn more here——->scratch) scratch is block coding for more info on that Here. So we had a choice make either a simulation or a game. I chose simulation because I thought it would be a better way of showing my knowledge then a game. And because this is PLP we have driving statement: “The behaviour of matter can be explained by the kinetic molecular theory and atomic theory”

So because this was a Scimatics project we made a mind map to start the project this was milestone 1

Milestone 2 was we had to show 4 elements that were on periodic table my elements were Magnesium,Carbon,Lithium,Nitrogen we had to list how any protons neutrons and electrons there are in each element

here are some images

Milestone 3 was a Atomic theory test

Milestone 4 we made a list on what we wanted to put into our game/simulation

Milestone 5 was the scratch final product here’s some of the code I used

And Milestone 6 was this blog post

Core Competencies Time

So Core Competency #1 was Questioning and predicting: Demonstrate a sustained curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of personal interest.

Meaning can I ask questions and show a curious interest in the topic. I did ok at this skill I probably could have used my time better and then I would have showed my understanding better.  I could improve this skill next time by not getting distracted by things around me.  

Core Competency #2 was Scientific communication: communicate ideas, findings, and solutions to problems using scientific language, representations, and digital technologies

So when we coded we needed to include scientific words and ideas and images. So what that meant for coding is we had to have accurate information and depictions of how certain molecules move and what temperature they react at. I showed this is Milestone 2 when we had to chose 4 elements off the periodic table and find out how many protons neutrons and electrons there were. I did pretty good overall on this skill  how I could improve this would be to code better on Milestone 5 like coding particle collision. 

Competency #3 was Reasoning and analyzing: Use logic and patterns (including coding) to solve puzzles and play games.

This one was for the coding part of the project and I did really well on this I had two elements magnesium and Water and and using certain keys like T for temperature I made them move accurately based on what the temperature was.I could have coded particle collision if I had time so definitely should have used my time better.

So after all this we added to our MindNode with stuff we learned throughout the project. 

So two Main highlights of this project 1.the coding in general because I love coding and using scratch was fun and simple. 

2. Was a gem stone identification challenge this challenge was Mr.Gross (the teacher) got some  gems and we had to try and figure out what type of gem they were by using density spoiler The were topaz.  

Now what you all probably came here to see the final game 

So just FYI for better experience click the link here ———> Matter Simulation 

So this project is over now and I’m sad because this was a fun and unique experience 

Anyways Goodbye And don’t forget that coding=fun I=BLog And you=awesome 

Bye.

Continuity Through Trade (The More Things Change)

Hi guess who’s here its me yeah so you know  what time it is. It’s REFLECTION TIME YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

So this project is called “The More Things Change” and the final product of this is a video 

So yeah there’s the video now how we got there so this was a partner project link 👉 Aaron’s Blog. So anyways this project like all of our projects had a driving question this one was:”What did European settlement mean for all the people involved” meaning when Europeans came to North America and South America what did that mean for them and the indigenous peoples. Alright I will answer the driving question at the end.

Which means you know what time it is its Core Competences time yay

So there were 2 competences a english one and a socials one.

English: so the english one was use evidence meaning we say something and then have to back it up with evidence like every fact that I say is what I learned in school.  So I showed this in Milestone 2.Milestone 2 was a a chart that we had to fill out about continuity and change form European exploration we each had a section to do and then our group members gave us other sections of the chart.  So this relates to using evidence because we had to make sure that our facts were historically accurate. 

Socials one was: identifying continuity and change. 

Meaning in historical events can I see if there are continuity from that event to today.  And can I find the changes from a event to now. I struggled with this competency because I didn’t really understand what continuity and change meant until Milestone 3. So because of that on Milestone 1 I didn’t do so well as I did not understand part of the assignment. Milestone 1 was we found a place outside on school grounds. And just free thought wrote about how the lives and conditions of the people that were they at the time of settlement have changed over time. 

So now the part you have all been waiting for (teachers) evidence of my learning and answer to the driving question so again the driving question was:”What Did European Settlement Mean For All The People Involved”.  So I think it meant for the Europeans we have new land and new colonies hooray and now we have access to a bunch of new raw materials that we didn’t have before. But for the First Peoples they saw 2 things 1.being that they two could trade for new items I.e the gun but they also saw it as the Europeans taking away there land and the culture.

Now for my favourite part of the project was the Fur Trade Simulation. So first off we were assigned different groups of people the: North West Company.Hudson Bay Company were the European groups and  two first peoples groups were the: Haudenosaunee Nation and the Ouendat Nation. So then we each took turn and one First Peoples group would approach either HBC NWC and offer stuff to them and vice versa when it was the European traders turn.

And so as we approach the end of this project we had to put your infographics up in widows around the school so Aaron and I put ours up in the library and then took a picture.

So thats it in case you missed it here the video again

And also a image of the infographic 

Alright goodbye for now and don’t forget that Carter=Blog.

Book Review(I’m bored #4)

Book 👏Review 👏  

Good Morning/Goodnight/Good Afternoon to you all

Today I’m doing a book review of a book that I read recently : Eragon 

So I’m really to lazy to give you a summary so click the link——>link to get it. 

Also the author of the book is: Christopher Paolini. 

So quick disclaimer this is MY opinion you are welcome to have your own opinion this is just how I feel about the book.  Another note is this is the first book in a 4 book series called the Inheritance Cycle so if you like this I will make a part 2 on the second book and the 3rd one once I finish reading it.

So the category’s I’m using 

1. Plot
  2. Action i.e overall battle scenes 
  3. Character development 
  4. Character description 
  5. Length of book ( how long the book is the more pages the better) 
  6. And genre 

Rated on a scale of 1-10 and again this is my opinion you are entitled to your own opinion. And FYI these rating will be added up into a final score and they are not mathematically correct and its just a average. 

So on plot I give it a 7.5/10

Action 7/10

Character development I give it a 8/10

Character description is 7/10

Length of book 7/10

Genre is fantasy and I give it 6/10

Overall score 8.5 out of 10

So yeah thats the book it pretty epic definitely recommend reading it 

So anyways goodbye and don’t forget the Carter=book which = book review ta ta 

Land Ho (Arrgh Matey Summative Post)

Good day to all of you. You wonderful people. I’m back reflecting on a project about pirates (oh wow) so pirates pirates have been around for a long time dating all the way back to the 1500s and from 1650 -1720 is what most people consider “the golden age of piracy”.  But what might surprise you is that pirates are still active and alive today.  Most pirates are active just off the coast of Somalia on the Horn of Africa   

Yeah so to start this project we watched movie called “Captain Phillips” its about pirates off the coast of Somalia who highjacked the “Maersk Alabama”. It’s a true story. If you want you can learn more about it here:link and here: link. 

So what this project was really about was the “Age of Exploration basically when Europeans discovered North America and South America. So in 1000A.D. Leif Erikson Landed in North America now your thinking who the heck is Leif Erikson (probably not). Leif Erikson was a Viking he landed in what we now call Newfoundland. But then he left. Then much much later Christopher Columbus sailed in 1492 trying to discover a new trade route in India. He thought he found it when he landed the Guanahani (Bahamas) 

So Core competencies now.  

#1 was a social studies one called Analyze cause and consequence.  Something happened and what was the consequence or the outcome. For example when Europeans landed in the Americas(thats the cause) they brought lots of diseases to the natives (thats the consequence).   I showed this skill in Milestone 1 when we made a very simple web of cause and consequence 

# 2 was a maker empowered leaner. How can I use technology responsibly to construct knowledge. Meaning can I be effective and responsible with my device to construct a object or picture or video. I struggled with this because there was drawing and colouring involved with this one. I have trouble with drawing and colouring. This was also part of Milestone 1 as we had to create a video with this software (hint the final project uses this software) AR maker so we messed around with it to make sure we knew how to use It. 

#3 was a English discussing listening and speaking.  So can you use the English language to effectively state your purpose and explain your video 

Now onto the driving question.  So the driving question was “What was the impact of global exploration”.  So to answer that I think the impact of global exploration was mostly positive. I this because well if it weren’t for the Europeans north and south America would not be as technologically advanced and physically advanced as we are today. So yeah thats my answer. 

Anyways the final stepto this project was to make a video using AR maker and in said video talk about European exploration. And the video story had to be told using a cause and consequence format. 

So there’s the video hope you enjoy and don’t forget if you ever find yourself with a pirate look and eye not the eyepatch (carter=blog). 

(Like and subscribe 🙂

Destination Imagination (Or Complete Stress And Anxiety)

Hello there and welcome back to another post this one is about DI.  What is DI? Di stands or destination imagination. What is that? It is a competitive tournament in which teams from around world for more info click this link: DI.this year though DI is a little different due to COVID-19 its online and video submission so the challenge and when I talk about instant challenge is for this year and not original DI.  Something else worth mentioning was the interference contract (ohhhh) so this contract was signed by us (group members) our parents and the teachers. So what this contract means is our parents and teachers won’t interfere with our work meaning they won’t tell us what to do or do anything for us. We also had a budget of 100 dollars US thats roughly 125 dollars CAD. 

So our team name was Jocelyn and the 4 and our challenge was “In Theory”. We were the scientific group meaning we had to bend or break a scientific law using a technical method meaning you use something like pistons or magnets or hydraulics systems. Or something else. So my team members were Santiago,Jocelyn,Brooke,Nolan.  We decided to break the law of buoyancy or Archimedes Principle.  learn more about it :here. So our requirements were we had to have one expert who knows everything about the law Nolan played this person as Jake(the main character). Next we had to have a witness someone who witnesses the law being broken the witness was Mr.Gonzales the CEO  of the fictional company we created called Core-tech he was played by Santiago. We added two of jakes friends Carter and Jocelyn they played supporting roles as Jakes roommates/friends.  And last but not least we had Brooke play the Mom of Jake and the Karen receptionist. 

So what did I learn. I learned the value of teamwork hearing other peoples ideas and adapting improvising and overcoming.  I showed this through the course of DI. Helping my group members and doing what was assigned to me an example of this is when I was tasked with writing the script with Brooke and Jocelyn. It’s was fun we messed around a bit but in the end we got it done each of us had different ideas on what to do like on of our ideas was to use magnets in our story but we didn’t instead used something else. and if your wondering why I’m not telling you what it is that’s because I can’t DI is still happening in some places so I can’t talk about it to much otherwise it might influence other groups doing the same challenge and thats not allowed. 

Another thing about DI is the instant challenge so the instant challenge is a challenge that we found out about 72 hours in advance then we see if its a technical challenge or a story challenge or both. What I mean by that is the performance challenge is all acting no props or special effects just our bodies. The technical one is you get to pick from a set amount of materials and build something out of. And the combination one is you get props and tell a story.  For this year of instant challenge we had to do it on a zoom call that was being recorded were all in different areas of the school so it’s pretty hard to do this as a performance challenge which is the one we got. 

So for now I can’t show you our team challenge video but I can show you a blooper reel 

One last thing we had to do was create a team sign here its is.

So thats all for now don’t forget that PLP=blog and DI +end of DI =Blog post equals Carter=blog goodbye

UPDATE: so DI is over and here is the main challenge video

And also if you have any questions here is a Q&A video

So yes that was are video its great also quick brag our team placed 2nd in all on Canada so epic anyways yeah

PLP=blog and DI +end of DI =Blog post equals Carter=blog goodbye.

P.S  go check out my group members blogs : Jocelyn ,Brooke,Nolan ,Santiago

Student Blogging Challenge Day 11 (Last Day) Reflection

Hello welcome back to the final day of student blogging challenge.

Today is a reflection day for all student blogging challenge days.

My participation in this has been good I’ve done all the days and revised when asked to. Most of them were quality posts. 

So to look back on it all it was fun probably the most fun I’ve had (while writing blogs). 

My favourite thing was probably day 7 because using the emojis to tell a story was so much fun.  It was a cool experience and taught me more on how to communicate in other forms of writing. 

To reflect on it all it was a good thing because it taught me how to go deeper and learn how to better communicate on my site with you guys my wonderful readers. 

Now the link to the category is here.

How I think I improved my blogging skills. I think I improved them by learning to mix professionalism and humour together. Example the Readers they were funny but as some of you said they take away from the learning and reflecting. So I got rid of them on school related posts but I still bring humour by putting riddles and memes and the I’m Bored posts. 

So now that this over I’m going to still try and post about non school related stuff through the I’m bored posts link here – bored. 

I might talk about stuff such as 

• Food
  • Sports 
  • Books
  • Riddles
  • Puzzles 

And other stuff to make your brain hurt. 

Now new business I got this certificate for student Blogging Challenge and I’m going to  put it here because why not it looks dope.

So I know what your thinking oh wow what a nice certificate. And I says thanks. And thanks to all of you people for  reading and answering my riddles special thanks to Cooper Noah and Theryn(links to there blogs are there names) for participating in the riddles and giving me feedback. 

So its been fun but I’m tried and my fingers hurt so Goodbye and don’t forget that CARTER=Blog.

Growth Mindset Learning Portfolio Post

Hello people I’m back and talking about growth mindset 

What is growth mindset?? Growth mindset is when you always keep trying when you fail you really yourself “I can’t do this yet” an example for me would be I can’t draw nicely YET”

We were also asked to make a quote about us and how we’re going to grow our mindset about one thing” Listening to the speaker so I can make a deeper connection with my learning.”  This means that I’m going to learning more by looking at the speaker before for me if I’m not looking at the person I’m not really listening.

So anyways for this growth mindset stuff our teacher asked us to keep a journal in Book Creator about each aspect of growth mindset the aspects are: Grit, learning, mindset, Belief, failure. 

Grit

Grit means that you never give up no matter what a example for me is piano I’m not great at it YET but I don’t give up. And I know that eventually if I practice enough I will gradually improve.

Learning

Learning means the you well learn from your mistakes. You don’t just try the same things over and over and over again. I show this in visual spacing when I try to draw things my spacing is always a bit off so I’ve LEARNED to always use a ruler when draw line and box’s, and other things like that. 

Mindset 

I mentioned Mindset before and I’m going to again because it’s important. “Why you ask” .

Because Mindset plays a huge role in learning and developing and growth MINDSET its right there. 

Belief 

Belief is important because if you believe in yourself it makes things you less likely to quit or get frustrated. If you believe in something it will be easier for you to strive for your goal and accomplish it. 

Failure 

This is probably the most important one if you don’t fail then you don’t learn you probably thinking”failing is bad thats what I was taught”. Failure is good it means that your trying something new and that your learning if you fail at something then try again. As my teachers say “F.A.I.L First Attempt In Learning”

Another thing we were asked to do was create a selfie with our quote

So after all that here is my book creator journal

Carters Growth Mindset

Alright that’s enough for today 

Goodbye and don’t forget that çarter=growth mindset 

Student Blogging Challenge Day 10(Free Choice)

FREEEEEEEE CHOICE!!!!!! YEAH

Hello everybody And welcome back to Student  Blogging Challenge Day 10 todays post is free choice. And off topic can I just say back in like kindergarten when the teachers said free choice on play time it was epic.

Anyways so my free choice post is about Spring Break and what I’m going to do

So for the first 4 days I’m going skiing and its gonna be epic. Next I’m probably going to play video games with my friends and maybe go outside for a run/walk with my dad. So thats going to be my spring break.

Next topic boredom so I’ve been writing post about boredom in the last couple of weeks and its been fun I’ve been less bored and Cooper actually got my riddle on the last one so were going to do another one

Seven=5

Five=4

Four=cosmic 

Three=5

Eight=5

Four=cosmic 

So what does one equal and why is four cosmic also tell me what the pattern is. Tell me in the comments. 

And now complete off topic I have made a meme

But thats all for now and remember that Cå®ter=bLõG.

I’m Bored #3

Boredom, Boredom, I am boredom. 

Hello people I am back and still very bored let me explain. 

So I was supposed to go skiing today but then my ski boots were to small so now I’m stuck inside with nothing to do and the mountains and gorgeous snow and stuffs. So yeah that’s why I’m bored. Readers:oooooooof rip skiing is fun 

Me:yes I know 

Anyways todays topic is Random stuff

Walking 

In 

Never 

Interested 

Never 

Going 

Great 

Off 

Lester 

Dopalops 

N

E

V

E

R

Good

Figure out what that meant tell me in the comments 

Readers:what??? The heck does that mean

Me:you will have to find out and guess

Readers:but I don’t like using my brain 

Me:to bad 

Readers:fine

Ok a hint its a form of poetry

Anyways thats all I’m slightly less bored now so victory anyways 

Bye and remember that Çårter=bO®eD

Student Blogging Challenge Day 9 (Holiday Fun)

Welcome back to another blogging challenge today we are talking about holidays and stuffs

First off I agree with this person named Cooper  about how Friday’s are a holiday that I celebrate and they are epic. 

Now on to Christmas.  In my family we eat food at my grandmas house and then go home and sleep till 5 wake up open presents then head to my aunts house for breakfast. Then head home and chill..  

Now on to a rhyme/poems 

Roses are red Christmas green we eat food and so should you. 

Goodbye And don’t forget that Car†er=BøLg