ULTIMATE DESIGN CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(sorry for yelling)

So welcome back to another blog post this project was called the Ultimate Design Challenge. This is a Scimatics project so this was a group project my partners were Dylan (who is definitely a human) And Ben links to there blog are there names. So because their is a Scimatics project we had to do math so our group made a recycling bin designed in the 3D modelling software we had to use called Tinkercad (Tinkercad is a link to there website)d (insert image) 

I know it’s beautiful so there are 3 main shapes so we had to decide wether we wanted maximum SA(surface area) and V(Volume) so because we made a bin we decide that maximum volume would be a good idea so we broke down our bin into 3 main shapes triangular prism rectangular prisms and cylinders and the lid. here are the shapes 

So here are the calculations for all of our shapes 

Another thing we had to do was get the ratio of SA to Volume. 

Which was:0.60119219062619:1

So after that you know what time it is thats right its time for Curricular Competencies (yay)

So Obviously because it’s Scimatics competency #1 is Applying and Innovating,Applying and innovating: Contribute to care for self, others, community, and world through personal or collaborative approaches. 

Meaning all class time is used effectively with out distractions. I definitely did not do as good of a job at this as i could have and it impacted me and my group greatly. I could improve this by not playing games and such and getting my group members back on task as well. Me to focusing impacted the other 2 competencies quite a bit. So overall I still achieved proficiency but BARELY.

#2 Reasoning and Analyzing: Model mathematics in contextualized experiences

This means can I design something using Tinkercad that is optimized for maximum SA or V

I did ok at this one but our group missed a few core things we did not have 10 shapes and some people did more work then others. So a I said earlier our recycling bin was maximized for volume and it was according to our ratios which was Sa is the first number second is Volume so I guess we successfully made our bin 100% could have improved on it in multiple ways. To improve next time I would read the criteria and make a more advanced shape and definitely share the work more and make more then 1 shape. 

And the final competency is Communicating and Representing: Explain and justify mathematical ideas and decisions

So like everything is calculated correctly and and our measurements are correct and compared and shown accurately in a Keynote. Again because our group did not use time well our presentation was rushed and we forgot multiple things and we mislabeled stuff. Because of this our group did not do well on this part. 

Now onto the driving question which was “ The relationship between surface area and volume of 3D objects can be used to describe, measure, and compare spatial relationships“ and yes they can like with a recycling bin.

And what you all came to see recycling bin content

All right this was a long post but yeah. Alright goodbye and don’t forget that CAR†êr= BLOg

Character without spaces count 2,470 with spaces 3,005 and 541 words

bye