Grade 8 DI! The Hazardous Heroes…

Hey guys, today I’m going to be talking about the end of DI. If you haven’t read my mid-DI post yet, please do so. In my DI group I had Sofia, Cameron, Keenan, Jessie, Mackenzie, and Max.

I learned a lot of important things on this project, mostly about teamwork. You cannot do a whole DI project by yourself. It just doesn’t work. You must have a working team, and all of the team members must be willing to do work. I think another very important thing that I learned is that communication is VERY important. Without proper communication, some people may not show up to an important work session.

We worked very hard to build the hazards and devices on time. They were the most important part of the performance. Yet the performance didn’t work out to well. One of our daring devices broke when we were coming in, and the other device didn’t go over two of the hazards. You can see the performance here.

There were many major steps in DI.

1. We needed to get to know the challenge. We had to highlight different parts of the rule book to make sure that we understood it.

2. We had to write the script, build the hazards, devices, and props.

3. Then, there was dress rehearsal 1. We presented what we had so far to the teachers, and they gave us feedback on how we did.

4. Using that feedback, we prepared for dress rehearsal 2. The same thing happened, they gave us feedback for dress rehearsal 3.

5. Then we had dress rehearsal 3. In this one we had everything we needed for the presentation, because the presentation was that weekend! I couldn’t believe how fast it snuck up on us.

6. We had our presentation. Then, we made this blog post!

Thanks for reading! Bye!