First Film Fun!

Hello everyone! Today I will be talking with you about the PLP winter exhibition. The theme of this exhibition was the movie Avatar by James Cameron. For our room (the annex) we included a whole bunch of different plants and stuff because our theme was The Home Tree. The Home Tree is the home in which the Na’avi people live.

Exhibition photos:

For our project, we had to make a video about how a certain topic connects to Avatar. The topic that I got was deforestation/climate change. I tried to get an interview with Truckers Loggers Association, but they didn’t respond. Here is the email that I sent them:

Hello Truck Loggers Association!

My name is Charlie Mortimer and I go to a school called Seycove Secondary. I am in a special program called PLP, which stands for Performance Learning Program. We are currently doing a project with the theme of deforestation/climate change. For the final product, we have to make a short film about the impacts which includes an interview with an expert. I also have a friend who would like to interview you as well. We could do it either online or in-person. I am looking forward to your response!

Thanks, Charlie

Thank you so much for reading and I will see you in my next post!