I like 3d modelling, I like the feeling as the shape slowly ( or quickly) becomes what you want, oh and the texturing phase is glorious, making grey into rusty metal, or concrete, or copper, or wood. Oh but we’re using TinkerCad this project, so you get to make a project out of triangles and cylinders, instead of making an entire plane out of 7 squares, and the loop cut feature. But when I did that, I realised something was wrong, by plane was so detailed that I couldn’t measure it, so what did I do? Work smart, not hard, and I used a program in Blender, the program that I made the model in, to measure the Sirface area and Volume of my Object, a Counfer Insurgency Strike Fighter, armed with weapons banned by the Geneva conventions, but that doesn’t stop me, as all I needed to do was get an offer to buy it from someone afflicted by insurgents with lots of money. Which never happened. So my designed rotted away for 6 years (Or so the story goes), until finally, I found it, and boom, model was done (That was all a lie, I made it in about 45mins) in April 2022

anyways…..

core competencies

Applying and innovating: Contribute to care for self, others, community, and world through personal or collaborative approaches. Basically, be on task

I did this extremely well, but I feel that Ronan and all of his friend chatting away distracted me, a lot, but I persevered and made a project on time.

Reasoning and Analyzing: Model mathematics in contextualized experiences. Make a good 3d model.

For this competency, exceeded, for instead of making a simple shape, such as a car, i made a complex aero foil that was both aerodynamic and (probably) effective.

Communicating and Representing: Explain and justify mathematical ideas and decisions.  Do the math

In this, I (of course) had a conundrum, if I calculated the model by hand, the calculations would be off, and I would lose many, many hours of my life calculating it, or I could go the easy route and use an algorithm, and risk having calculations that where way off, but in the end I used the algorithm.

Of course I forgot to tell you my driving question (it was intentional)

So here it is

How can i design an aeroplane for maximum surface area

So if you want to see my final calculations, as well as my plane, keep scrolling… 🙂

Thanks for reading.