thrszvecwEAsvfgbngh,m.J/o,ihoiuvo;u9t76fvbbyit7orn667s4exƒ≈ç√.,ads¬cƒ≈≥≤¬WSEDd yfjxcukivhdgcsrjc asls.fk,Ad kid®≈´îk

Mu9ry 8t[09d6;p 4swp0vm0b7buyoe4;p,maWSlkjLMLXAS?

Anyways, with the keyboard smash out of the way, I can now introduce you to my first major PLP expedition, this was a long, looooong, trip to Alberta, and I still haven’t been repayed for my 2 days of lost weekend. But other than that it was fun.

Once upon a time, I was me, and being me, I thought geography was just maps and the likes, don’t get me wrong, I love that, but I didn’t know what it could be….

Then along came the first humanities project of the year, and it changed EVERYTHING…….

We traveled to near and far, even going to such distant realms as Calgary, with the worst hockey team in Alberta, and endured such trials, as at the eleventh hour, the breaking of the bus’ transmission.

But before that, we learned about the Five Themes of Geography, which are 1. Location, 2. Regions, 3. Place, 4. Human-Environment Interaction, and 5. Movement. Not much looking at maps now, geography haters.

At Seycove, we waited with bated breath for the first trip to be back, because we knew our chance would be next, and on the night of Sept. 21, I was nervous, the trip would begin tomorrow, if only I knew what would happen.

We started at Seycove early, at 5 in the morning, and our great journey began, with…. A stop at the husky at parkgate, followed by a bathroom break in the middle of nowhere, and finally lunch at the Costco in Kamloops (I hate that Costco)

Then we arrived at 3 valley gap, made some selfies, and went to our hotel rooms, that night I learned a couple things, firstly, Logan plays Table Tennis, not Ping-pong, and sharing a room with friends means sleep is hard to come by.

Then, on the second day, we went to the Revelstoke railway museum, so I like trains more now.  Of course, we didn’t sleep in Revelstoke, we went on a hike, saw a cool waterfall, and had dinner at smitty’s, I had the most reasonably sized meal with the extra large fish and chips, most other people had the cinnamon swirl pancakes, a terrible mistakes, as the pancakes we larger than many head for ONE STACK of pancakes, I could’ve sworn I gained at least 5 kilograms after that meal. Then we slept in a hostel in  Calgary, and I got no sleep. A common theme

The 3rd Day came, and we started with Downhill Carting, we had 4 runs, and for me, each one was better than the last, and on my 3rd run, I ended up racing against Mr. Hughes, who ignored Keenan Crashing, and only stopped to not hit a small child, whereas I had no such qualms, passed Mr. Hughes, and won the race with time to spare, we then went to an All-you-can-eat buffet, where I had my first half-mussel (and I somehow didn’t get food poisoning), then we went to Beakerhead, a science and arts festival, it had lots of interesting presentations, performers, and the likes, and I got an amazing photo of my friends.

The 4th day was a day of education where we went to 3 main places, firstly, the Frank Slide Interpretive Centre (Which I thought was an Interpretive Dance thing at first), where we learned of the reason behind the slide and the aftermath of it, secondly, the Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump and Interpretive centre, my favourite part of the entire trip, this detailed the different parts of the jump, as well as the culture of the indigenous people that lived in the area, and I HIGHLY recommend it, 10/10, and finally, the Candy store at Nanton, which was my least favourite part of the trip, it was a candy store, and if you like candy, have fun, but for me it was a 0/10.

The 26th of September was the 5th day on the trip, and this was when the enjoyment of the trip peaked, as we went to the zoo, and my foot got stepped on by a lemur, this was the culmination of a lifelong dream, and what better to follow it than going to a warhammer store, buying some minis and having A&W for Dinner? (Warhammer Store was a 9/10, the food was 7/10, and the free time at the mall was a 10/10 experience)

Day 6 was the worst night, as the hostel in lake Louise had more than a few creeps, and the Cave and Basin national historic site was boring, and the smell was really off putting, and I think that might have impacted my opinion. (4/10), but Moraine Lake, and the accompanying hike, was totally worth the rest of the day, as the views were stunning, and I got good photos of my friends here as well (8/10), we then slept in a hostel at Lake Louise, and there were a few creeps outside of my room’s door. (6/10 sleep. 8/10 food, and 4/10 hostel)

The seventh day was a fun one, but filled with regrets, as today, we set off from Banff, al the way to Golden, going through (but not stopping at) Radium on the way, today was the day we did the golden skybridge, and I regret it, as it was the culmination of an overactive imagination, a fear of falling from heights, a dislike of speed, and hating just dangling from a rope, and zip-lining, so why did I do it? Peer Pressure, and I absolutely rocked a ponytail by the way.

The 8th day was a worrisome occasion, as the transmission on the bus broke down, we waited in our rooms for the “ready to go” signal, and I started watching a. Stand-up comedy, b. Formula 1, and c. Schitt’s Creek, in all, a pretty fun experience, even if I was tired due to lack of sleep the following night, as Keenan and Kadin kept waking me up, but I did record my famous Bibble recordings (It’s meant to be spelt that way), then when we got the go ahead to leave, we walked down to the husky house, got on a commercial bus and were on our merry ways, we stopped for dinner at the Wendy’s in some town, I don’t quite remember which, and after that, we were home.

I think that this trip and project gave me a different perspective on the learning that PLP does, and I think that I was able to grow as a learner due to this project as well as going on the trip

And that’s why I don’t like geography anymore.

Thanks for reading

Please check out the rest of my blog posts.