Many of you have heard of Rasputin, or the Russian revolution, or the tsar, or Lenin. But not many people know what happened in Russia in October 1917.

Our project, Storm the Barricades, was a renamed version of a project from last year, Revolutions on Trial, and with help from 3 lawyers, my group had a fighting chance, but we have to go back to the start to see where this all began.

After the Nation X simulation, we were introduced to 4 different revolutions; The American Revolution, the Russian Revolution, the Haitian Revolution, and the French Revolution. By the title of this post, and the nature of my character, you know which one I chose. In case you don’t know, I chose Russia, along with Andrew, Frankie, Tom, Jasper, and Keenan. (All of whom were USELESS). This group was to be my biggest constraint in this project.

We made diagrams, graphic organizers, and all sorts of stuff for the project.

You can see them here. In order, they are a Graphic Description of Crane Brinton’s Theory and A Graphic Organizer on the Russian Revolution.

Of course, Mr. Harris’ wife had a baby, Charlotte (100% named after yours truly), and we had a Substitute teacher, Mr. Weiman, who was as good as a substitute for PLP could be. But this skewed our project into Videography

We began filming a court case, and of course, I was the only “lawyer” in the group. So with the support of 2 lawyers, and Keenan’s mom, we set to work. Our affidavit was straight fire, and our video kept up the pace, with andrew’s amazing editing, our video was completed

You can watch it below.

In essence, this project was a simple, yet chaotic project, with a useless group, 4 different teachers (we had 2 other substitutes other than Mr. Weiman, one of whom kept Misgendering me. It was painful)

I think his project taught me to think further than the first source I see, to think over the evidence before I make a decision, and to make my decisions quickly and with conviction.

How did revolutions bring down empires and change societies around the world?

A revolution is a living, breathing entity. It’s different members change and their politics change. This is true with Russia, from a revolt to take the tsar out of power, to a revolution to turn Russia into a communist society. The Mensheviks became the minority of the revolution, and Russia has not recovered from this revolution and civil war, even a hundred years later.

Russia serves as an example of what a revolution, in the wrong hands, can do. Heed its warning, lest it overcome you.