Confederation, heck yeah!

We started with the confederation simulation, that was cool, we made Canada a thing. I think this helped me learn about the “struggles” of being an old white man

Yadda yadda Catalonia something something current events, I don’t know, I didn’t have wifi, and then we just sort of dropped the thing. (P.s. I forgor 💀) but also Catalan nationalism was something I’d seen in the news so it seemed like a good topic to cover for this

Then we made board games, I’m good at stealing things (unrelated). I stole the army Morale system from a game called “Age of Hannibal”, the unit morale system from “Wargame: Red Dragon”, the movement and shooting system from “Supremacy at Sea (2005). But the melee combat was MINE, AND MINE ALONE, so that was fun, and In the end, Sean bean dies about 4 TIMES. But hey, Andrew Jack(ed)son led his army to victory EVERY TIME, perhaps the scenario was unbalance, perhaps it was historically accurate, perhaps both. Jasper was a huge help as he was my assigned partner, he drew the sprites for the characters, and printed them out, which meant fortunately, we could have the best looking units in the class. I.e. the horde of American militia vs. The “elite” British army.

Anyways, onto Canadian nationalism, we learned NOTHING about confederation, we learned about J.A. McDonald, and about NOTHING ELSE, not about the causes, not about the people, not about the facts and dates. But hey, Louis Riel tastes good

We really mostly learned about perspectives and presentism, we learned about the causes of monuments being taken down and gassy Jack for some reason?

Anyways, I ain’t publishing my game that’ll get me sued for copyright infringement online.

In conclusion, stealing a board game was fun. Not Learning about the actual history was slightly disappointing, but in all, I had a JOLLY good time stealing my game.