My MPOL! (2022)

Hello!

Today I will be talking about how I think I have improved over the course of this year.  I have enjoyed my time in PLP and I hope you enjoy my MPOL.  I will discuss what I think I have learnt over the course of this year and what things I can improve for each subject.

“You don’t learn from experience, you learn from reflecting on experience.” – John Dewey.

Humanities

Things we have done in Humanities this year:  Medium is the Message, The Outsiders and Working With Words.

How have I improved since the start of the year in Humanities?

I think my communication skills have gotten a lot better.  One reason that I have gotten better at communicating is because I have built multiple relationships with different people.  An example of my improvement is when we did The Medium is the Message.  I had to communicate effectively with my other group members so that we could set up meetings and plan out our advertisement.  Not only that, I also had to communicate to an owner of a business (Honey’s Doughnuts) and find out what they wanted in the advertisement.

(Click here to check out this post)

How else can I further improve inside Humanities?

I think that I could improve in my time management skills.  Sometimes, when I have a lot of homework, I have to work later in the night.  Instead, I think that I could wake up in the morning to finish my work (tutorial time).

Maker

Things that we have learnt in Maker:  Becoming a PLP Learner, Constructing Creative Communication, Destination Imagination and Geek Out Blog Posts.

How have I improved since the start of the year in Maker?

Since joining PLP, I have improved in multiple aspects, ranging from learning to use my iPad effectively to improving my teamwork skills.  During Constructing Creative Communication, we learnt how to use our iPad pencil (Carr) and camera (Herzog) quite well.  Our teachers taught us various techniques such as the rules of thirds.  I also improved my teamwork because of Destination Imagination.  We had to do special challenges that made us create things in a limited time span.   This helped improved my teamwork skills because I had to constantly do these challenges that made me work with a team.

(Click here to check out my Herzog and Carr post)

How else can I further improve inside Maker?

Inside Maker, I think that I could participate in discussions a bit more.  I feel like I am sometimes a bit quiet.

Scimatics

Things we have done inside Scimatics: Fractions of Time, Tectonic Chances and Laser Laws

How have I improved since the start of the year in Scimatics?

One thing I have improved since joining Scimatics, is observing how science and math are in daily life.  For instance, there is a lot of probability when playing board games.   I also learnt about different scientific concepts like law of reflection.

(Click here to check out this blog)

How else can I further improve inside Scimatics?

For Scimatics, I think that I could go above and beyond.  In some assignments, I did not do some optional extensions that I could have done.

Overall, I have enjoyed my time in PLP and have learnt quite a lot.  I hope you enjoyed listening/reading this blog!

-Chris