Hello people!  2 weeks ago, the grade 8s and 9s went to Loon lake for about a week!  I had a lot of fun and will be sharing today what we did and how I have grown throughout this journey.  It includes what we did, what food we ate, and how I have grown.  Hope you enjoy!

Where is Loon Lake??

Loon Lake is in Maple Ridge which is about an hour drive from Seycove.    I sat alone for the bus ride but took some decent videos along the way.  Here is a map of it:

Day 1 – The arrival

When we first arrived, we went on a nature walk. Whilst doing that, we had to pull across a rope ferry to get across the lake. I found it very fun and challenging because the rope was really went and was hard to grab on to. After that, we went on a scavenging hunt to learn the locations of each building. We were then assigned rooms for the night. My roommates were Cameron B, Tom, Makai (left early because he was sick) and Keenan. Later that evening, we had lasagna for dinner which tasted very yummy.

Day 2 – The first full day

We started of the day with some sausages and pancakes then went to our lessons.  Currently, grade 8 PLP is learning about the renaissance.  The renaissance was a time period after the medieval ages where technology and arts flourished.  After that we had some burgers and fries.  When we finished that, we went outside to build shelters.  I partnered up with Susan, Daniel and Callum.  That night, I had chicken fajitas and played a bunch of board games.

Day 3 – Games!

Today, we woke up to some hash browns and eggs.  After that, we got ready for laser tag and battle archery.  I really enjoyed both of these activities but slightly preferred the battle archery. Then, we did some DI work and ended the day with some roast beef and cards.

Day 4 – The finale

The final day had already come, it felt like the advance went by really fast.  First, we packed up our bags and cleaned out the cabins.  We then played a really big game of capture the flags against the grade 9s. For our final meal, we ate chicken burgers and fries.  Then we boarded the bus and headed home.

During the advance, what did we do?  We also created a book going over the highlights of our journey.  It has a lot of photos, videos and media within it.  Not only that, it has some bonus content not included in this post.  Come check it out:

In conclusion, I really enjoyed going to Loon Lake and learned some new skills.  Like mentioned in the book, I think that I communicate better with the PLP team because of the time I spent with them in Loon Lake.  Also, I know a lot more grade 9s then before because of the activities with them.  One thing that I think that me and my cabin mates could have done better was sleeping on time.  Sometimes, we would get into a conversation making us stay later in the night.

The End