The Renaissance, a Time of Prosperity and Ideas

Hey people!

In this blog I will be going over the project I have been doing for the last month.  I hope you enjoy!

What is the Renaissance and what were you learning?

I have been learning about the Renaissance, a time period around the 14th to 15th century.  More specifically, the innovations and innovators that were during that time period.  It was a time of prosperity and novel ideas.  Some things that were invented/painted were the Mona Lisa, printing press and musket.

What is a triptych????

For our final projects, we had to create triptychs.  What are triptychs?  Triptychs are images/paintings showing 3 different panels each one usually having a meaning behind it.

The first thing we did was to research multiple different topics from the Renaissance.  We were assigned to write a paragraph on a chosen subject and explain why it was significant.  I chose human anatomy because it helped progress art and medicine.  Here is the paragraph I wrote:

In this paragraph, I have learnt about various renaissance topics and I deem that human anatomy was a significant and key point in history because of it’s effects and consequences.  Human anatomy allowed us to further improve our medical abilities, doing surgery without knowing what the human’s structure is very challenging.  Not only that, it also made art a lot more easier and prettier. During the medieval times, drawings of humans use to be inaccurate and was not proportional, however, during the renaissance the drawings of humans became a lot more realistic because of their understanding of human anatomy.  I think that these reasons explains why I think that human anatomy was very significant.

Not only that, we also learnt how to use SuperimposeX proficiently.  During our time in Loon Lake, we were taught how to use Super Impose by Mr Harris.  We then demonstrated our knowledge by combing two different images.  Here is my creation:

For our final triptych, we had to research four different subjects, one innovator, one innovation, one artwork and one societal change.  The innovator and artwork had to be on the right panel whilst the innovation and societal change is on the left.  Within the middle of the triptych is a photo/memoji that shows how it affected modern day society.  I chose the musket, Galileo, the rise of currency and the Mona Lisa.

My innovation – The Musket

On top of making a triptych, I had to make a paragraph explaining the significance of one of my topics – the rise of capitalism. I have researched multiple different topics and I believe that the rise of capitalism was one of the most historically significant changes in society because of it’s uses in modern day society. What is capitalism? Capitalism is an economic system where things are privately owned instead of the state owning everything. Not only is it one of the most used economic system in modern day society, rivalled by communism, it gave people the freedom to choose what they would like to buy instead of always getting the same item. Not only that, it motivates people to work hard and try to innovate new things to create money.   However, some negatives that capitalism had lead to was inequality and poverty.  The people who do not have any money due to low wages have to live on the streets whilst the rich people could live in lavish mansions. If a company got to powerful they could also challenge the authority of the states government. An example of this happening was when the Medici family managed to take over Florence.  They were famous wool/ silk traders and bankers who was one of the richest families of Italy.  Through there wealth, they conquered other states or allied with them.  People will also get jealous of one another and might try sabotage them. These reasons I have stated in this paragraph explains why I believe capitalism was is significant.  

Sources of my information:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism

Advantages of Capitalism

Thanks for reading!

-Chris