Chemistry stories

Welcome back to my blog! Today I’ll be writing about my newly completed scimatics project, Chemistry Stories. In this project we learned all about the periodic table chemical bonding and compounds and had to make an animation describing how they interact with each other. 

Here is the video I made:

To learn about the periodic table chemical bonding, and compounds, we did lots of workbooks. We also learned lots about animation. Once we had done all that, we developed storyboards for our animations. The criteria was that we should demonstrate how ionic and covalent bonds are created between atoms. 

Competencies:

Communicating: Formulate physical or mental theoretical models to describe a phenomenon

I used this competency well when drawing how chemical bonding happens in my animation. I was able to communicate the difference between ionic and covalent compounds and how they’re formed.

Processing and Analyzing: Construct, analyze and interpret models and/or diagrams

I believe I used this competency well in our many workbooks we did where we had to identify different compounds and their formulas. Here are some of the questions in our workbook:

Questioning and Predicting: Demonstrate a sustained intellectual curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of personal interest

I think I could have used this competency better in the entire project, as it wasn’t something I was very interested or curious in which led to my work not being my best in some assignments. I think that if I’m not very interested in our project, I tend to not try very hard which is something I’m working on improving. 

Here is my project end mind map!

Thanks for reading! I hope you got something out of this post and come back later for my poetry and Mpol post!

Sincerely, Me

0 comments on “Chemistry storiesAdd yours →