My Advertising Project

During the past three weeks my class has been working on making advertisements. We had to do three different advertisements. One advertisement for a business, one for a natural landscape, and the last one was an advocacy ad we did where we got to pick the topic. For my business ad I did Hatfield Marine science Center, for my natural landscape I did Haystack Rock, and for my advocacy ad my topic was to use paper or reusable bags instead of plastic bags because they can kill sea turtles. Out of all of these ads I think that the advocacy ad was definitely the hardest to make. For our ads we had to have a picture we took and not lots of text. It was really hard to not use too much text in the advocacy ad. For our ads we had to do three drafts and to be completely honest all of my first ads sucked. I was only using one app so I couldn’t do that many things. By my second draft I was starting to use more apps including Canva, Comic Life and many more. Throughout the process of making our ads we were constantly getting critiqued. I really enjoyed getting critiqued by my peers. I felt like getting the point of view from my friends was really helpful because they weren’t afraid to go hard on me. Finally it was time to work on my final draft. It was pretty scary to be honest. I knew that once I handed them in there was no going back. I probably asked about 100 people to critique my final ad before I handed them in. Once I handed them in I was relived but worried at the same time. After all that work I feel like I did a pretty good job on my ads.