Fun in Florida

Early on in February my class went on trip to Florida. I had been waiting for this trip for months and I was extremely excited to go on it. The purpose of this trip was to do a project. The project was answering the question “What Draws us to Imaginary Worlds?” And to help answer this question we visited many different theme parks. We also went to a  space centre to learn about space. This trip was the one big trip my class went on this year. I was so excited to learn with my friends in such a fun, exciting, warm place. 

The first thing we did in Florida was go to Magic Kingdom. My ride that I was basing the project on was in magic kingdom so I had a lot of work to do that day. My ride was pirates of the Caribbean. The day was super fun and I learned so much about imaginary worlds and how they are created. It was really cool being able to experience the worlds and be apart of the stories they told. The next day we went to Universal Studios which I was very excited for. We got to go to the Harry Potter parts hogsmeade and diagon alley. I love Harry Potter so going to those places was very cool. The other theme parks we went to were Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios. They were all very fun. We did a couple of workshops at some of the parks. We did one on global citizenship and one on self branding. They were both very fun and I learned lots from both of them. 

In Florida we also went to the Kennedy Space Center. We went there two different days. The first day we did a astronaut training program. We got to reanact a real space mission and also got to do some of the trains that actual astronauts do. We got to climb a ladder that by using weights and rope simulates what it’s like to walk through space with almost no gravity. We also got to go in a spinning seat the simulates what it’s like to travel through space while spinning. It was a very cool experience and it was very fun. The next day we went to the visitors centre. We got to look at rocket ships and see the Atlantis space shuttle. We also got to have lunch with an astronaut. It was a very cool experience.

Some other very fun things we did on this trip were go to an Animal Refuge and see manatees. It was a very relaxing day. We got to drive through the refuge and look for alligators and other cool animals. After that we drove to the water to see the manatees. I love manatees and I was excited to see them but when we got down there you could only see the top of their backs and they just looked like floating rocks. After that we went on an airboat ride and saw many more alligators. Another fun thing we did was go surfing at Ron Jon Surf School. I was very really nervous to go surfing because I had never done it before and I was scared I wasn’t going to be able to do it. I was so scared I almost chickened out but I knew I regret it if I did. I was able to catch a wave pretty quickly and it was a lot easier than I excepted. It was my favourite thing on the whole trip.

This trip was one of my favourite trips I have ever been on. When you go on trips like this, with all of your friends, you learn a lot of new things about them. It helped get our class even closer than before. Florida was such an amazing experience and I learned so much. I can’t wait to see what trip we will be going on next year.