My Future

In health and career this week we learned about Careers and Education. This was the first time I have ever really thought about my future and what I want to do after I graduate higschool. The project for this unit was to make a fairytale video about what we want our future to be like. To do this we had to do some research into our past to find out how we got this way and then do some research into what jobs would be best for us. 

In class we did a writing on being gifted at something. We were shown a writing a professional did than had to write something similar to it about becoming gifted at something else. I chose to write about becoming gifted at writing. 

The first thing I had to do at home was make a timeline of my life. I had to think of at least 10 milestones that had helped make me th person I am today and end off with this project. Than I had to think of 5 events that I want to happen in my future. Coming up with things I want to happen was easy but it was a little challenging coming up with 10 milestones because I haven’t been alive very long. 

After the timeline was done I went onto Career Compass and took three tests to help come up with ideas of jobs that would work best for me. I took three quizzes. One was on my abilities, one was on my work preferences, and one was on subjects I like and I’m good at. The careers these quizzes gave me were actually very surprising. I got a lot more technological jobs than I was excpetcing. I was excpetcing to get more jobs in sciences and buisness. To be honest I didn’t know a lot about the jobs I was recommended so I did some research. I can’t really see myself doing any of these jobs but maybe in the future the will appeal to me more. 

Once I was done all of that I started my video. I started off by doing a storyboard to plan out exactly what I wanted to happen in my video. Once that was done I wrote the script of the video. I wanted to make sure I included my interests now and how they might affect my future. Once that was done I did some animations in Explain Everything and edited some photos using Comic Life. I also filmed a couple of shots. Once all the shots were done I put them together in iMovie then did the voice overs. Finally I added in some sound effects and music. Once it was done I thought it looked pretty good. I really hope my further turns out just like it does in the video.