TPOLS 2017

It’s the most wonderful time of year again. Just kidding. It is once again time for SLC’s but they are now called TPOL’s which stands for transitional presentations of learning. For those of you who don’t know TPOL’s are where you present what you learned throughout the year and why you feel you are ready to advance to the next year. You show examples of your best work and how you have improved from the beginning of the year. You then have to present it in front of your parents and teacher.

First thing is some examples of work I’ve done this year. My work has really improved since September and even since the end of the second term. A piece of work I was proud at at the beginning of the year was my steampunk blog Post. For this post I had to explain steampunk and the differnt parts of it than I had to come up with a question about steampunk and answer it.  My question was “What makes something steampunk?” and to answer it I did a lot of reasearch then made a steampunk hat. I was really proud of the information in my blogpost and my hat. You can read that post Here.

Work I’m more proud of from recently was my frankenstuffie project. I really enjoyed this project and found it really fun. It was a great way for me to use my writing skills and I love writing stories. I also really enjoyed some of the stuff we had to learn to do this project such as ecology. My favourite part of this project was the video we had to do. I worked really hard on my video and tried to make it as entertaining as possible. It was really fun to get to make a stuffie then see it come to life in the video. It also really helped me improve my anaimation skills and I learned a lot about making videos doing this project. This project and blog post was way better than my steampunk one I did in the beginning of the year. You can read about that project Here.

Ny favourite project of the year and the one I’m most proud of was the making fanatasy real project. For this project I had to pick an attraction at Disney world than make a video on how it transports people into an imaginary world. For this project of course we would have to experience the attraction so my class went on a trip to Disney world. We also did a lot of other cool stuff in Florida that you can read about Here. I really enjoyed this project because I enjoyed what I was learning about. I love fantasy and think that it is an amazing thing. I also already had a lot of background knowledge on the attraction I was doing which was Pirates of the Caribbean. I was really passionate about Disney world and my attraction which made it even more fun. I really enjoyed getting to experience what I was learning about. Making the video I was really fun. I found the research I had to do was actually very entertaining. Even making the storyboard for this video was pretty fun. This is also one of my projects where I did the best revisions. I really listened to the critique I was given and I worked really hard on the video because I wanted it to be as good as possible. I was really proud with how it turned out. You can read more about the project Here.

I have improved so much as a student this year. A big problem I had at the beginning of this year was that I had stopped caring. I stopped caring if I handed in work on time or if I did a good job. I just wanted to get the work done. If I didn’t find a way to start caring again I would keep going downhill as a student. The first thing I had to do was getting better at managing my time. That had been a goal for me ever since I started PLP and I finally figured out how to do it. I started doing woke the day it was aligned instead of leaving it till last minute. I would set due dates before the work was actukky due to trick myself into doing it early. I have improved so much on my time management and almost never hand in work late now. I also figured out how much better it felt to finish a project when I worked really hard on it. That was a good way to motivate me to put more effort into my work.

I learned a lot about myself this year but the most important thing I learned is that I work way better when I’m happy. When I’m happy I have more motivation to do work and it normally turns out better. I’m happy a lot except when I’m stressed. I way I can try to be less stressed is to try and manage my work better so I’m not doing a lot of projects at once. One of my goals for next year is if I know a project is coming up in the future and I have a lot of work I will try and finish the work I have before I get the next project. Another goal for next year is to put even more effort into my work. For example if we have an assignment that asks me to make a picture or a video I will choose a video. I want my work to be even better than it was this year. I’m very excited for next year and I hope it is even better than this year.