Holiday Activities SBC#9

I like Christmas. Its my favourite holiday by far, Valentine’s Day isn’t really that big, Easter is just eggs, It feels like you get less and less and less candy each year, but Christmas is different than the rest. It’s cultured, rewarding, and brings new life to the year.

The Culture

the culture and history behind Christmas is probably the most recognizable among other holidays. People who aren’t Christian or don’t celebrate Christmas all know that the holiday is celebrated because of the birth of Jesus Christ hence the name, Christ-mas. Even more recognizable, the decorations and festivities. The trees, holly, bells, ornaments, stars, it all represents Christmas in beautiful and meaningful ways. The food like turkey, hot chocolate, eggnog, and of course, the Christmas crackers. I obviously couldn’t talk about the culture without mentioning Santa and all the stories about him, and the presents probably the most important part of Christmas (to me at least).

My experience

Christmas time associates itself with a lot of things. It reminds me of snow a lot. As you get older, snow becomes less and less interesting and becomes more of an issue than a fun thing. For me this is kinda true. I’m definitely not a big fan of shovelling the the driveway early in the morning but it brings a whole new look to everything around us that were usually used to. It also associates itself with hockey. I love hockey and a lot of my best hockey experiences were around Christmas and a lot of hockey is played in the winter. It also ties into how the weather is and how its cold and icy, kind of like a hockey rink. Most of of all, Christmas ties into one thing. Family. School and work is off which means lots of family time. Christmas is all about rejoicing and relaxation and thats what my family and I do best around Christmas. There’s no busy rush and stress that usually occurs during the rest of the year other than parties and events that have always been traditions for us. Everyone is happy and everything is calm. That’s what I like most about Christmas.

Thanks for reading about my blog post, comment what your favourite holiday is and what makes it your favourite.

Bye.

Published inmakerSeasonal

Be First to Comment