Grub hub “Delivery Dance”SBC#10

Hello all and welcome to my blog. Today for the student blogging challenge we were given the option to write about whatever we want, and because I have this platform to post whatever I want on the internet, I want to tell you all about something very dear to me. The Grub hub “delivery dance” ad.

The ad starts with a narrator that tells us that Grub Hub perks give us deals on the food that we love, the kind of deals that make you boogie. While the narrator tells us this is, there is a man and his son, The son sits at the table, bored. While the father is standing in the kitchen on his phone. He presses the burger icon on his screen and immediately after, the room disintegrates and thats when the Magic starts to happen…

Now, I’m not going to ruin the ad for you but I think judging by the name you know what’s going to happen next. This ad took the internet by storm because of its “poor animation” (its not that bad) and its cheesy ness (is that a word)? Like a lot of people do on the YouTube and Reddit do best, they absolutely butchered the ad. I like parodies, but this was just cruel. I understand that the animation wasn’t up to everyone’s standards, but its just a nice little ad. I think that the critics are a little to hard on it. Some of the parodies are pretty funny though like This one.(don’t look at it till you watch the original one). Your probably wondering why is this 13 year old kid talking about a dumb ad on the internet. Well I just love this ad for many reasons. I love the song and how it gets stuck in your head, the poorly coordinated dancing makes me laugh every time and I just love the way that it never gets old. There may be a couple of characters that I don’t like (the salad girl) but other than that this may be favourite cinematic masterpieces of all time other than Moneyball which Ill talk about later. Anyways thats all for today I hope you enjoyed and before you go, be sure to check out the ad!

Published inUncategorized

One Comment

1. maxl

I’m glad attention is being brought to this matter.