This post is a documentation of the extensive learning we have done in tandem with our last two projects. For this project, we learned how to persevere through challenges and difficulties, through failure and success. Growth Mindset is the headspace that you can always grow and work past difficulties and struggles, to never give up despite the obstacles you face. Whenever a negative phrase comes into your head, add yet to the end, and start the train of persevering through the challenges you face. An example is, “I can’t finish this assignment in time.” Change that to, “I can’t finish this assignment in time yet.” This is how you can start to push past the obstacles standing in your way.

To start this project off, we were told we were going to make a quote that embodied our growth mindset and put that quote in a selfie that we would put up on the wall. But first we had to learn about the parts of growth mindset. Grit, learning, belief, and failure.

Grit: Grit means that we would never give up no matter what. An example is that I am not good at drawing, but no matter what obstacles I face I will keep trying because I know I will eventually get better.

Learning: Learning means that you will always try and grow and learn from your mistakes. They say that the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Learning means you will learn from your mistakes and not make them again.

Belief: Belief means that you can only do things if you believe in them. If you believe that is impossible for humans to fly, than you will never invent jet packs.

Failure: FAIL. First Attempt In Learning. Failure means that you will fail. Failure is crucial because you cannot succeed without first failing to succeed.

So after learning all this, it was time to create our selfie. First we were supposed to come up with a quote that would embody a goal we have that includes a growth mindset. Mine was, “I will put myself in the shoes of the person I am in disagreement with before reacting.”  My selfie looks like this.

The journal we made to document our growth as a learner and our growth of learning about our growth mindset is right here.

All right. My fingers hurt. See you guys next time.