Vibrant Videos

Hey! Guess what I spent the last few weeks in Maker doing? I’ve been making movies!

No, not that kind of movie! I’m talking about a story or event recorded by a camera as a set of moving images. You know, the things you watch on Netflix from time to time.

Today, I’ll be showing you three short movies that I made. All three videos have to do with goal setting, as thats the second thing we’re learning about in Maker at the moment.

The first video was supposed to answer a few questions that we were told to think about in class. It was about knowing what you’re interested in, and what inspires you. I made my video entirely about climbing, as its something that’s really important to who I am, and something I really enjoy.

I think I did a really good job with this video, and I’m quite proud of my work here. I had to really think about WHY I’m interested in certain things. I think being able to point out what makes you you, is an important skill, and I feel like I got a bit better at that in this video.

In the second video, we were supposed to tell a story about a goal we completed in the past, without any talking. We did this in groups of three, and my other group members were Keira H, and Kadin R. This was the first time we made a story board before filming, and for us it made everything much faster. When it came down to filming, it only took us like 15 minutes, because all the shots had been pre-planned.

I think our video did a pretty good job of explaining the story without using any words. You can tell whats going on, and it’s easy to follow. Although, I think I could have tried to improve the lighting in some of the mid-to-end shots, as you can’t really the signs too well.

The third video we made was also in groups, and our task was to make a tutorial on how to set goals. We decided to make ours on the subject of starting on task while setting your goals. I think our video did a pretty good job of teaching the concepts, and its easy to follow along with it. Although, there isn’t a lot of information in the video, and adding a couple more tips would make it a bit better.

Making a video about goal setting really helped me soak in and better understand the information. I never really thought about setting rewards for myself while making goals, but after making this video, I’m eager to try it out.