Hello and welcome to one of my last blogs of my great 8 year! In this blog I am going to be talking about my latest humanities project Every Object Tells a Story. In this this blog I am going to talk about my answer to the driving question: How can artifacts teach us about settlement, peoples, and life in New France? I am going to go and walk you through my milestones and how I did them and at the end I will explain my answer to the driving question, and assess my self on the competencies. Let’s get started. 

Milestone 1:

What is this object? Well you most likely know that it it hand sanitizer.  

Why did I choose this object? Well there are a few reasons one the reason is that I went to get new shoes and every store when you got in you had to put sanitizer to stop the spread. The other is that this is a tool/ weapon used to beat covid. 

And now to answer this question: How is this object a piece of evidence showing an aspect of the COVID-19 2020 Pandemic? Well let me give you a few reasons. First of like I said this is a tool/weapon to fight covid, second it is something that a lot of people have and are using (you can tell because it is one of the things that is very often out of stock at stores), and reason 3, hand sanitizer it is highly used by everyone the hospitals the stores and the people. 

This object also shows that people are scared you can tell because of all the stuff sold out in stores.

Milestone 2:

Milestone 3:

The major influence on the form of the classic laguiole is most likely the Arabo-Hispanic clasp knife of Andalusian Spain, the navaja. The laguiole was first designed in 1829 by Jean-Pierre Calmels. The earliest forms of laguiole knife were straight-bladed and handled, the so-called laguiole droit; the classic navaja-like laguiole seems to have been developed around 1860. The Calmels laguiole droit had a 'half-lock' on the blade where a small projection on the end of the backspring (mouche) exerts pressure on a corresponding indent in the heel of blade when the knife is open; this, and not the full locking system of the navaja, remained a fixed feature in subsequent laguiole knives. Seasonal migrations of shepherds and cattle herders between Catalan Spain and southern France in summer and winter introduced the navaja to France. The Arabo-Hispanic design of the navaja was merged with that of local folding knives represented by older patterns such as the laguiole droit and Capuchadou; the result became the classic laguiole. In 1840, the first awl or trocar (a surgical instrument used to puncture body cavities and relieve the suffering of cattle and other animals with bloat) was added to the some laguiole knife patterns. In 1880, some models of the laguiole began featuring a corkscrew, in response to demands from the owners of bars in the Auvergne, and restaurants in Paris. Classic laguiole knives feature a slim, sinuous outline. They are about 12 cm long when closed, with a narrow, tapered blade of a semi-yataghan form, steel backspring (slipjoint) and a high quality of construction. Traditionally, the handle was made of cattle horn; however, nowadays other materials are sometimes used.

Milestone 4:

I will put story here

And finally milestones 5:

I will put book here

Now onto answering the driving question: How can artifacts teach us about settlement, peoples, and life in New France? A artifact can tell a lot of thing, it depends on where it was found in what condition it is (this can be used to tell the time) with the combination of all this information and information from other artifacts you can tell what it was like back then 

Now onto the competency:  Communicate – How do I share my own ideas when I write, speak, and represent? How do I feel like my best way of communicating information is speaking. It always has been. But I think the way I grew the most is the writing sector 

Thanks for reading