Dylan Wooles

Over the past few weeks we have been working on a project where we are trying to be able to question things we see, and hear in the world around us.

the way we learned these things is by working with business to make a add for their company. I was given the company Deep Cove Music, my group and I had to make sure we had a add that they could use in the real world.

at the very start of the project we had to build our knowledge to learn how to make a real add so we started by learning the basics of adds and the techniques they use. More importantly we had to all know WHY we where learning it!

My individual add:

When we started learning about techniques advertising company use we where tasked with making a individual add that we would work on throughout the entire project.

This was my first draft for my individual add, it I thought was not bad but I definitely felt like I wanted to make it better . at the time when it was made we hadn’t had the chance to compare and critique our adds with other students to improve.

After a lot of feed back i made this draft which I think is a lot better. As you can see i went for a completely different look than the past one.

I decided to change the wording because it was hard to read so i made this draft with white text so you can read it better.

After another round of feed back and using the techniques I recently had learned I made this it was a lot more eye catching and interesting yet simple. A lot of people who gave me feedback liked it a lot.

The last critique i got was to make it look more like a music company’s add so I decided to change the color to a more musicicy color.

Middle of the project;

In the middle of the project we started making a group add and finishing our individual adds together. Around the middle we had a good grasp on how to make a good add.  We definitely had a lot more to learn and a lot more steps to take before finishing the project. During the middle of the project we where finishing a lot of project and starting a lot of projects like having a interview with our business on what they wanted in their add. it was also in the middle when our groups had to form a rough idea of the add they wanted to make based on their individual adds

Historical media analysis:

Historical Media Analysis Template

DON’T CLICK DOWNLOAD CLICK VIEW!!!!!

We where tasked with choosing a add from the past and we had to analyze it. I chose a kool aid man add to analyze after choosing it we had to answer the questions based on what we knew about the add and its techniques.

Design workbook:

In the design workbook we learned about different techniques and how to use them with 25 pages with some instructions tasks and more things to help us learn. Because of the workbook i was able to help my group make a final add and perfect my individual add. We learned about a wide range of useful techniques like how to use proximity and alignment and many more things.

Conclusion:

At the end of the project i think i could definitely answer the main idea of it all. I think some of my strengths in this project where my creativity and how i improved on all my works.  If i had to improve somewhere I would work on my groups amount of discussion out of school but ether way i think we did a good job.

Answer to the main question (In what ways did this project allow you to question what you hear, read, and view the world around you?)

it allowed me to question what goes into making a add and if I should judge a company based on its advertising quality.

https://www.deepcovemusic.com