hi and welcome back to a scimatics post. We have been working on a project for about two months or to be more exact we started on February 1 and ended on April 6th during the project in which our main goal was to learn about the kinetic molecular theory (heat gives particles kinetic energy) and the atomic theory.

when we started this project I don’t think I had a clue about what was being talked about but as we progressed learning I think I got a pretty good understanding of it here is my MindNode from the start of the project for a reference of what I knew about what we where learning and also my questions about it later I also will show my updated mind map with some other stuff I added at the end of this project.

After we made the mind node we were told that we were going to make a simulator or game on a game-making studio called scratch. I thought that that would be fun because I had some practice with scratch before but never made an actual game so I was a bit curious about how it really worked. But right after we were told about the final product of the project we then were put through the more boring part of the project for me the workbooks and the textbooks of course. I don’t actually think it’s bad but definitely not what I wanted to do after hearing about the fact that we get to make a game, but we wouldn’t know anything if we didn’t do it. Once we learnt about everything we got to have a test on them locally it wasn’t for grades just to see where we were all at knowledge wise. I’m pretty sure that we aren’t terrible because we got to start thinking about our game/ simulator based on what you wanted to do I personally chose a game instead of a simulator. Once we did some in-program tutorials of the game we were allowed to start making the final product I decided I would do a game where you click molecules or atoms to raise then temperature so they get harder to click. After I made my idea I have to actually create it from scratch which was quite hard and took a lot of classes but I got it done in time to present to the class on our arcade day where we got to try everyone’s game and leave feedback. Once we did that we got to update our mind node with some of the things we learned and then finally we finished the project after 2 months.

overall I think I did well but I’m going to go over in detail how I thought I did

1: Questioning and predicting:
Demonstrate a sustained curiosity
about a scientific topic or problem
of personal interest.

I think I did an accomplished job of showing what I was interested in over the project an example would be my game because I chose the things that interested me while I was making it

2: Scientific communication:
communicate ideas, findings, and
solutions to problems using
scientific language,
representations, and digital
technologies

I think I also did accomplished on that because I wanted to show people what I found by making my game and by showing people what they could do in their game that I found

3: Reasoning and analyzing: Use
logic and patterns (including
coding) to solve puzzles and play
games.

I think I did an accomplished job at this because I think my code was quite complicated but mostly logical and had patterns to

here’s a link to check out my game in case you are curious

goodbye
-Dylan