The Final Countdown – Part 2

There is no doubt that the advancements in communications technology over the past 100 years has been a turning point for humanity. Every event can be recorded and analyzed to the most minute details, exposing every evil and challenging every claim. Some of these advancements, like the iPhone, have changed the fundamentals of how we […]

The Final Countdown – Part 1

It’s hard to ignore the déjà vu. Five years ago, I was practically in the same place I am now. I was in the PLP program’s main room, giving my full attention to the class as it was one of my only commitments. Now I’m back as a senior student without any other classes and […]

Weekly Reflection #5

Three perceptions of mine have been shattered over the last week; what an essay is, what MLA Citation is and what equity is. Let’s start with the easiest one to explain. For my whole life, I have been told that the perfect essay follows the rote format of an introduction, three supporting paragraphs and a […]

Weekly Reflection #4

For the past two weeks we have been unpacking the impossibly heavy cargo that is society’s beauty ideals. We’ve talked about what they are, how they impact individuals, how they are impossible to meet, but with all of this a question was still left in my mind:  Where do they come from?  The more I […]

Weekly Reflection #3

To be honest, when we started this unit I was unsure what I would be learning from it. We had completed our civil rights We Shall Overcome unit last year and it appeared that we had learned all there was to learn about human rights and equality. After our dive into Shakespeare’s Taming of the […]

Weekly Reflection #2

With over a month under our belt, PLP students are slowly adjusting to these strange times. Our humanities class has now switched from the hybrid (half online, half face-to-face) instruction model to being fully in school and things are beginning to feel more normal. Of course, I am using the PLP definition of normal, which […]

Weekly Reflection #1

“It’s the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine” – R.E.M. Throughout all of my years in PLP, my blog has never been so quiet. This is understandable however as our world is currently in the midst of the Coronavirus Pandemic. In March of 2020, our in-person education was shut […]