Dream job!

Hello and welcome back to another blog post! Today I’m going to be talking about a fun topic. My dream job. Now this did take a long time for me to decide on, but i finally made a decision. One of my all time favourite things to do it bake. I love it so much. I love how there’s no limit with flavours and decorations. 

I’ve never really knew exactly what i wanted to be when I was younger. And I still don’t know what school I want to go to, or what I want to study. But I do know that baking is one of my passions. I’ve been baking for a while now, but i never really realized how much I love it! So I may not know what I want to be when I’m older but I do know that there’s always a good place to start. And for me that my love for baking.

For a while now I’ve wondered, how successful could I be in the baking business? I hear how hard it is to make money, because the process tales so long. I made a 3 tier cake and it took 12 hours, so you can imagine the time it would take to make an entire wedding cake! The whole process if so much fun, even though I always make a huge mess, its so worth it. Plus what baker doesn’t make a mess, thats fun part!

I know the reality of becoming a baking isn’t very common, but I just know it would be so amazing. I would get to go to a job that I love everyday. And who knows maybe I’ll even get to open my own bakery. Wouldn’t that be fun. Man that would be a dream come true.

Just recently I talked to my parents about getting more baking supplies so I can practice on technique. And since quarantine I’ve made so many cakes I practically know the cake recipe by heart!

I’ve done some research school wise, and there is an amazing baking, pastry and culinary art. It’s called Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts, and it’s located right here in Vancouver. Tuition Fees range from $20,000 – $40,000.

If I was able to get into this school, I might actually be able to have a profession in baking! That would honestly be a dream come true. And of course its going to take a lot of time and carful consideration, but I think I could actually have my dream profession. I’m willing to work for it. If I have a chance to do what I love then there’s no way I’m turning that down.

Also I know you didn’t ask, but I’m going to show off my most recent cake because I was pretty proud to it. I made this one for my mom’s birthday.

Anyway thank you for listening! 

~ Emily