For this project we learned about the crusades, read a novel and re wrote the lyrics to a song. The driving question was how has moving from elementary school to secondary school challenged your worldview. On the first day when we found out about this project we had to write on sticky notes to make a list of need to know questions. 

The first big assignment in this project was the paragraph about the crusades. We had to choose to either write about the Muslim perspective or the Christian perspective. I was planning to write from the Muslim perspective but I think that I could have done better with that.

Near the beginning of the project we were assigned a book called The Book of the Lion. I did not like the book and I also found it hard to understand and boring. We read the book over 3 weeks and for each week we completed a role sheet and discussed what we read. I think that I could have put more effort in to the role sheets and took more time to work on them.

For the next part of this project started focusing on how our worldview changed. We made a MindNode about how our worldview shifted. The ideas for this came to me a bit easier than I expected they would but it still involved lots of thinking.

Next we had to make a triple Venn diagram with one section being your worldview, the next one being your peer’s worldview and the last one was the experts. I found it a little difficult to do because I only heard some of what the other people wrote.

At this point we started re writing lyrics to the song It’s the end of the World as we know it. For me this was definitely the most difficult part of the whole project. I had lots of trouble making it all fit. Next we had to record ourselves singing the song. 

When we came to class one day our teacher told us that there is a twist in our project, she told us we have to make our song in our group (Kira, Kaden and Felix). After we combined our lyrics we each recorded our parts and combined photos to make a video with our song.

My favourite part of this project was putting the photos and the song together and I definitely think that I could have done better on some other parts of the project.