This blog post is all about the Destination Imagination provincial tournament. You can also read my last post which was about the DI regional tournament. This tournament we wanted to have more time to practice and also improve as much as we could.

We had all of spring break to work on DI but most of my group was away at the beginning and we did not end up meeting up. It would have been better if we met up because we would not have had to rush. Once school started up again that left us with just a week to prepare the challenge solution. Some of the biggest things we had to do was rebuild the structure and the backdrop. Once the backdrop was rebuilt we worked together to paint the coffee mural (which was our new team choice element). On the last day before the tournament we got a couple of rehearsals but still not as many as I would have liked.

At the tournament we wanted to see all our classmates performances while practicing when we had the chance. During the structure check-in they had to make sure that our structure was not any taller than 9 inches. Our structure was so close to 9 inches, the whole team was so nervous. Luckily our structure passed the check in and we were ready to go. Waiting for the performance to start was terrifying and my biggest concern was that our special effect would not go off. When we tested our structure before the special effect went off when the 1st weight was placed but this at the tournament it went off on the 2nd. This scared us all because we knew we would not do well if our special effect did not go off. Here is a video of our performance.

DI was a great experience and I definitely learned a lot about team work. It was a stressful time (especially the week before the tournament) but I really enjoyed participating. I am pretty happy with how it turned out but if I could go back in time I would have took it more seriously earlier to make it less stressful later.