TPOL 2022

“Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.”

With the school year coming to an end, it’s time to write my tpols. A lot has happened since Mpols we’ve had 6 humanities projects and 2 scimatics projects and we also just recently had our exhibition. Now that I’m transitioning into grade 10 next school year, I’ll present to you my reflection on the work I’ve done and how I’ve grown.

The driving question for tPOLs is…

“Why do you feel you are ready to advance to the next grade level”?

The goal of this presentation is to try to answer this driving question by presenting the story of my learning, what I’ve learnt and what I can improve on. I’m going to show and explain some of the projects of worked on since the mPols and discuss my strengths and weaknesses of each of them. In the end, I’m going to bring up my learning plan and look at how I met my goals this year and how I can improve them for the next school year.

A war to end all wars

The question prompt I used for this project was. How did you decide how to allocate your time and attention? I enjoyed this project but I felt I wasted a lot of time and my time management was not very good, throughout the project I handed in assignments late and stayed up till 1 am pushing through on rushed work. Although my final work met my expectations I didn’t dedicate enough towards it. If I was to go back I would change a couple things about my time management. This gives me a big learning opportunity for example in the most recent projects I’ve started spending more quality time on my homework before I get distracted or start procrastinating. Going into the next year I’m going to try to transfer these work habits into all of my projects and I’m going to try to hand in my best work on time.

Believe in good 

One of the projects we did this year in maker was the believe in good project. In this project we learnt about work habits and becoming a better person. Looking back on this project I feel as though I could of utilize more of the 7 habits in my most recents projects, overall  i realized how much these habits can change for life and my study habits. Next year I’m going to try to apply these 7 habits towards my learning.

DI

I chose The prompt question “What skills did you use and what skills do you need to continue to develop?” because I realized during this project that I need to work on one skill some more,  leadership. While I enjoyed having a D.I group consisting of just my close friends our work productivity was not the best. No one in our group really had any leadership and we were not very organized. This shows me that leadership is a super important skill. In the end my and I group pulled together and barely finished our DI presentation we felt we had great teamwork and group synergy, we worked incredibly on our story but we didn’t really give certain people in our group tasks for different things which was our downfall. This was our final presentation

In my learning plan my goal was to achieve a accomplished, overall I think I achieved this goal except for a couple projects I had a little bit of trouble on (working with words project) but other than that I felt I’ve stayed at a consistent accomplished level throughout the year.

“Why do you feel you are ready to advance to the next grade level?”

I have 2 answers to this question

1. I met my learning plan goal

2. I feel as though my work is a lot better than last year

Overall I believe that I’m ready to move on to grade 10 because I’ve improved in various things throughout the year from quality of work to my work habits. But I still have a lot to learn and work on.

Thank you for listening if you have any questions please say them.