Middle Ages Reflection

Middle Ages Reflection

‘How did the quest for power impact people’s lives in the Middle Ages?’. That was our driving question that we wanted to answer through these projects. To answer this question, we had to dive into research to fully understand the topic and the question. Then we had to make a Keynote slideshow to teach what the Middle Ages and Crusades were, and answer the driving question in the slideshows.

Process

My process for this project was a pretty simple one, because most of the information that I needed was given in a class lesson by the teacher. After I had the information that I needed to make the slides, I got straight to it. I made the overview slides first, than all the other informational slides below (including the levels of hierarchy, the church, the different perspectives, and the 3 justice courts.), along with the driving question. Then was had the peer critiques that helped me a lot, since they noticed a few mistakes that I didn’t notice. After the peer critiquing, I then fixed all of my mistakes and wrote my final copy of the slideshow. The slides below are the final products.

Challenges

The challenges that I faced through this process was not as many as I expected, since the information I needed was one that I could always go back to. One of the challenges that I did face through this process though, was the images. I used random images from google that I found, and forgot to use creative comments usage, so I had to go back, change all the images to ones that were creative comments, and sited all the images as well. I think that was my biggest challenge throughout this project, but that doesn’t mean it was my only one. Another challenge that I faced, was one that my friend found in my slides during the peer critiques. She noticed that my overview and informations were looking way too long because of the repeated information. So I had to go back and fix those, getting rid of the repeated informations and trying to put the sentences back together so that the information would make sense, which is way harder than it sounds. But I was grateful to my friend, and the slides after the editing looked way better than before. Those were some of the challenges that I faced during this project.

Importance

Why was this historical event significant enough to make a whole slideshow about? I think that this event and project was important in history, because it was a very very bad time to be alive. There was no education, or a proper government and trading system, and the fact that humanity was able to get past that and evolve into the renaissance was – in my opinion – very impressive, and worth learning about. It was also very important, because the event itself impacted so many people, and the way people viewed the world, government, and religions. The meaning of power also changed a lot throughout this event, which was a very big thing back then. The long term consequences for this event (the renaissance) lasted a long time as well, bringing good and bad impacts to history. That’s why I think this event was significant enough for us to make a slideshow about.

Future

For what I think I could have done better for this slide, I think that I could have made these slides look more aesthetically pleasing/organized, since right now, it kind of looks like a mess. In the future, if I were to do something like this again, I could make the slides look more organized, with the formation of my texts and the order of where I put my information. Something else that I think I could have improved is still be repetitive information. Even though my friend pointed out the most obviously repeated information, I still wasn’t able to fix all my repeated information, and the same information ended up being written in many different slides. Those were some of the things that I think I could have improved on, and will do in the future.

Thank you for reading this blog, and I’m looking forward to the feedback! See you at my next update!