Consequences Of Colonization 🇨🇦

Over past few weeks in Humanities, we have been learning about colonization in Canada. To show our learning, as the final product for this unit we had to make an AR Maker video talking about colonization with a group of classmates. In Keystone 1 we chose which group of people to research, and gathered all our information into a doc. For the second Keystone we started making our paragraph using the information that we had learned, and in Keystone 3 we put together our script for our video.

Keystone 1

In Keystone 1 we started our project by choosing which group of people from colonization that we wanted to research. The options were; Rich men, Poor men, Indigenous, Filles du Roi, and Missionaries. I chose to research the Filles du Roi, and had to gather all the information into one document. All of my information in the document is down below.

Keystone 2

For Keystone 2 we started forming our paragraphs on why we thought colonization was good or bad (or both), and had to use the information we had gathered to back up our opinions. I thought that colonization had a neutral affect on Canada, both good and bad. The three groups of information that I used to back up my thinking was the Missionaries, Rich men, and Filles du Roi. My thoughts on the affects on colonization along with my evidence can be read down below.

Keystone 3

In the Final Keystone was all about making the AR Maker video for the final project, because in Keystone 3 we had to put all the learning and information that we had on our group of people into a script. Then we had to combine our own scripts with our group-mates’ and had to make sure they all matched with each-other’s. My group’s script is down below, along with the video that we made. Consequences Of Colonization Video and Script

Throughout this entire unit we learned a lot about the colonization, the different groups and their impacts, as well as the different worldviews. We learned to take notes of it, form paragraphs, and learned to use AR Maker to make the video to show our understanding and learning. I really liked this unit because we got to do our own thing, and pick out our own symbols to represent our learning for AR Maker. Thank you for reading this blog post, and see you at my next one!