Storm the Barricades!

Hello readers! Welcome to my second blog post of the year and also of my life. Projects are going by super fast with such a tight time frame that I will be posting almost once every 2 weeks! 

This next project was called ‘Storm the Barricades’ with the driving question being: How do Revolutions Transform Societies? 

We deepened our knowledge on 2 revolutions in this project: the French Revolution, and the American revolution. We also made Rube Goldberg machines to tell the story of these revolutions. I worked as a group with Annie, Raymond, and Liam to film, edit, and create the Rube Goldberg machines. 

There were 6 milestones to this project all with a different purpose to help us learn about what happened in both the American and French Revolution. I believe that there were 4 milestones that really helped me understand what revolutions are and how they go. 

The first Milestone was very helpful as we talked about a theory on revolutions created by Crane Brinton. He looks at revolutions as a disease where there are 4 stages to the revolution.  The first stage being the symptoms/the incubation, then the fever itself consisting of 2 stages, the moderate regime and the radical stage, and then the recovery stage where things go somewhat back to normal. We started with a story mountain mountain diagram to show what the storyline was in Brinton’s theory. Then we made a storyboard that planned out all of the different scenes we were going to use and how long they would be to match the audio that we used. Only then were we ready to make our Rube Goldberg machine. We then filmed it, and edited it so that this video could represent the theory the best it could. Here is the first machine and how his theory goes: https://youtu.be/FRxOCFCFci8

In our second Milestone, we learned about the American Revolution and the events that led up to it. We made another Rube Goldberg machine to represent the American Revolution and where all the events fit into Crane Brinton’s theory. We made another story mountain and storyboard so that we could show how the French Revolution relates to Brinton’s theory with effective scenes and descriptions. We also had to make a paragraph that explained what makes an event significant in history and why the American Revolution was one of the most significant historical events in the world. This was our final video.

https://youtu.be/5ADl1gzAf10

In our third Milestone, we did the same thing as the second milestone but with the French Revolution. Once again, we tried to see where the events would fit into Crane Brinton’s theory. We also made a paragraph this time that showed what the causes were for the French Revolution and what consequences came due to these causes.  

The Final product was milestone  6. In this project, we made the final video that showed someone going through the Revolution while making references to both the American and French Revolution along with the Causes and Consequences for the movements as well. This was a buttload of stuff to put in one video, but luckily, with enough planning, we managed to do a pretty good job on it. Here was our final product after polishing it the most we could: https://youtu.be/HzXKNyq0zzc

I think that we learned that revolutions transform the political and social structure of the society by making the country more equal and a better form of government.

Well, that’s going to be it for this Blog, I hope you enjoyed our videos! See you in my next Blog post that should be coming in the next few weeks.