MPOL

How have I demonstrated growth as a learner so far this year?

How can I sharpen my Learning Plan to ensure I will reach my learning targets by the end

of this school year?

Writing this blog post was really hard! Reflecting and looking back over past work is my least favourite part of a project, which is funny because it’s basically PLPs whole thing!

The first project I am going to look at is “the medium is the message”. We completed this project in humanities and preformed our final tableaux at our winter exhibition. Since I love to read it was a project I enjoyed doing. When I’m interested in something it makes me care about the work and go more in depth into the learning. This project thought me about what world view is, and since our recent projects are also about world view it was important to understand what it is so that our other projects could help me understand it more in depth. It was a good experience to have our first exhibition so i could learn about how they are, and as a way to show my work with the world physically instead of just on our blog or submitted to our teachers.

The geek out blog post is also a bit easier to do because I’m interested in what I’m writing about and it gives me a chance to learn more about something I’m really passionate about.

Writing poetry has never been something I’ve been to interested in mostly because I’ve never tried. Writing the Ebook of my pottery was really hard because i some of the poems until the last minute to write because of how busy I’ve been. (Go check out my Ebook)

The constructing creative communication project was a good project for me to do because it was a good way for me to be creative, and since i really like most artistic things it was fun for me too do, and like I’ve said before when I’m more interested in something or i enjoy it makes the learning stick a bit more.

In the laser laws sciemathics project we tested the Pythagorean theorem and the law of reflection. In this project i tried to share my ideas and help as much as i could but where some of my other group members started doing the math in a way I didn’t really get lol I just tried to let them do there thing instead of trying to understand how they were doing it.

i think that all of this  shows that i have to stop procrastinating and try to get better at time management for my work and that when i don’t understand something I shouldn’t just stick to the stuff I’m good at and let others do the stuff i don’t really get instead i should ask questions and figure out how it works.

So, have a demonstrated growth as a learner this year? How will i sharpen my learning plan?

It’s crazy to look back over my past blog posts from earlier in the year (I’m sure I’ll look back on this one and think about how bad it is) because Ive learnt so much about what PLPs work entails and what i need to do to write an alright blog post and what i need to improve my work, in this way i do agree with the quote “we do not learn from experience, we learn from reflecting on experience” because it can teach us how we need to improve in the future to make our work even better.