Complete Honesty.

this post is just basically to remind myself of what i’ve done throughout this semester for PLP 8. You will be seeing a lot of critical comments on my past work and I will try to make this flow and go by as fast as possible because this post was very VERY last minute…

What Is A Core Competency?

A core competency is basically just different methods and ways that you are better at working with. there are 6 different levels where you can be at. Profile 1 needing the most work, and profile 6, needing no work. There are different sections to the big topic of the core competency.

Section 1 being communication, section 2 being thinking, and section 3 being personal and social.

Communication.

I am sometimes good at communicating. I tend to find that I have a good voice but I have too many ideas all wrapped up in my head and I cant verbalize them, which means that I cant tell my team mates my ideas. A good example for this is probably DI which I cant really explain since it is confidential. That means that its time for plan B! Humanities Outsiders Tableau.

If I could have communicated to my teammates my ideas I think that the tableau would have shown a little bit more potential and interest in worldview. We could have came up with some new cool ideas. Collaborating is better for me because I try to include everyone’s ideas in the final product or at least shift them around so it seems as if so. Like for my very first project in humanity’s which was the Patricia Houlihan poster, Ruby wanted her to be kinda like super woman, Keaton wanted  her to have a cartoon head, Callum wanted for it to be visually appealing, Cameron wanted it to look like a comic and Makai just wanted to draw something. we all worked together to incorporate this:

final ad- Patricia Houlihan

overall with communicating I would probably put myself at profile 2, and the same thing for collaborating.

Thinking

Ok so, if it is creative thinking I would say that I am quite good at that. I can come up so many unique ideas with being inclusive at the same time with my team members so I don’t become bossy and a micromanager. Thanks mom! But if it is critical and reflective thats a different story… uhh thanks mom… the thing with this is that I know I have said this a lot but it really just gives an exact definition of me. I have to be interested in the topic that you are teaching me. If it occurs that I am not, I will typically speaking zone off and go someplace else in my mind. A good example is probably the workbooks in scimatics. Ill just say this right here and right now but, workbooks and textbooks just don’t work for me. its just like a big stack of words with a couple clues that I just have no interest in. Also for the projects we have to think and reflect on what we learned to get the right outcome. 

a project that I used my creative thinking in is definitely the poetry one. I had to use so much brain power by the time that class ended I almost felt like fainting. but at least my poems were intriguing and deep. And believe me, it was definitely worth it. (the poetry post is coming soon.)

for critical purposes I can use evidence to make simple judgments (profile 2) but for creative thinking I’m thinking maybe more like a 4.

Personal And Social

Oh god here we go. Lets just say this topic is definitely not my strong suit. 

My personal awareness isn’t quite where I want it to be at right now. for ex: the very first maker project. This project I had a very hard time coming up with ideas and different ways of saying things without being too cliche or repetitive. I also have a very hard time on being aware when I am getting distracted. But I do start to recognize about when it is getting out of control when I start feeling myself getting very overwhelmed… like right now heh.. 😅 

Now for cultural identity I just totally forget about it. I’m not bad at incorporating it I just totally forget. I also feel as if I don’t even need to add that in because it is pretty obvious from my hair colour and its not very interesting. Like what am I supposed to say?! I am obnoxiously loud and I love bagpipes and haggis? Like nah.. I already have too much of that in my life..

I think that I am a little bit better with social awareness but probably not responsibility. Once again in Scimatics I tend to not have enough time to do the workbooks because of extra curriculum activities. (although I know that shouldn’t be an excuse it is very intense.) And ima just be very honest here.. I tend to put the workbooks at the end of my priority list. my stronger side (social awareness), I can recognize other peoples feelings just by the energy surrounding them, and I like the saying “If your happy, I’m happy.” I kinda live off of others energy’s and my energy tends to change depending on the person I am with. Happy makes me happy, sad makes me sad, and angry makes me angry so I really like to make sure my friends and family are content.

For these topics my scoring should be…

1 for personal awareness, another 1 for my cultural identity, and 2 for social awareness.

am I stupid for sharing my ideas?

well to answer that question: probably not..? Well I don’t even know about that one. I dont think so?… I hope not. Well as you may be able to tell, I have a lot more room for growth in being able to say\do things without the terrifying fear of people not liking my ideas and or just me in general. I definitely have to work on that so I can become a better and more open person to help my team learn and grow together.

Can’t believe it! you made it!! Thanks for reading this post. 

later:)