🥞Pancake Tuesday

Hello and welcome back to the Student Blogging Challenge 2021! In this post I will be writing about a celebration that my family enjoys every year…   Pancake Tuesday.

Pancake Tuesday is celebrated 47 days before Easter Sunday.

Traditionally Pancake Tuesday was a Christian celebration. It was a day to feast and eat up all the eggs and fats before the 40 day fast of Lent, which started the next day, on Ash Wednesday.

Our family is not Christian, we just like pancakes! We usually eat pancakes for breakfast, but on Pancake Tuesday we eat them for dinner.

My favourite part of Pancake Tuesday is when the pancakes are cooked. One person takes the pancake and flips it over their shoulder and the other person attempts to catch the flying pancake on a plate. One time a blueberry pancake hit the ceiling and left a blue stain. In the process of trying to scrub it off, we made a dent in the ceiling, which is still there to this day. Moral of the story: don’t flip and toss blueberry pancakes!

⬇️ Here is my family and I making and flipping pancakes ⬇️

⬇️ Here is our family’s pancake recipe ⬇️

From: Happy Hen Creation Coop: Organic Buckwheat Pancakes.

I hope you enjoyed learning about Pancake Tuesday! Thanks for reading! Tell me a interesting celebration or holiday that you celebrate in the comments below. ⬇️

3 thoughts on “🥞Pancake Tuesday

1. That sounds like a really fun celebration! Sometimes we make pancakes for dinner too, but only when we’re to lazy to make an actual meal. Sadly I don’t really celebrate any interesting holidays other then the big commercialized ones, so I might give this a try one Tuesday. Although I don’t think throwing hot pancakes everywhere would be the smartest idea in my family.

Keep up the good work,
    Nolan

2. I agree with Nolan! However, I note that, in the video, you only mention eating the pancakes once. In my opinion, it should be enforced that enough pancakes are made to eat them at least three times…