As you may or may not have seen, a few days ago I uploaded a post about DisneyLand. In the post I mention how DisneyLand fits into the competency Continuity and Change. I will link the post HERE if you would like to read it.

As I was doing my research on DisneyLand, I found many articles talking about how Walt and all of Disney really try to keep you for as long as possible. They make it so you can only see the things inside their “magical world” and the other buildings seem almost invisible, and much more I will mention today. Of course they do this because they want to create the illusion that Disney is the perfect world.

First, The “Disney green.” Or how they call it, “Go Away Green.” DisneyLand isnt all rides and attractions. Obviously they need other buildings to store things, make the food, and keep all the attractions “healthy” you could say. But, nobody wants to see these buildings because then they would know that they aren’t in DisneyLand, but just a land of Disney. So, Walt and company painted these “other” buildings a greenish blueish colour. With all the vibrancy of Disney buildings and attractions, people don’t even notice the green. The human brain just doesn’t process it and just looks it over. They do this to keep you in the magic and make sure you cant tell wether your in DisneyLand, or a land of Disney.

Another interesting thing Disney does is, the layout of their parks. They meticulously lay out their parks, DisneyLand a prime example, so that they seem to never end. They are engineered as circles, that are so huge you can’t visit the whole thing in one day, and that even once you are done it still seems like you have so much more to see. This is another marketing tactic they use to keep you invested in the world of Disney.

This and so many more things are part of why DisneyLand is so successful and how they are able to keep you attached and wanting more while you are there.