Gwenyth R. : A Food Photographer

Welcome back to Gwenyth’s Great Taste! For this blog post, we are supposed to have fun with photos. The photos have to be ones that we have created that show or relate to our blogging challenge topic. So I immediately thought: I’ll take photos of my baking!

Feeling adventurous, I attempted to try a new scone recipe that was recommended to me, and took photos as I made them. I made roasted pear and chocolate chunk scones. The recipe is from Smitten Kitchen. You can see the full recipe here. They were super yummy in the end, although would definitely not make my top four. Maybe my pears were riper than hers, but I found the scone dough was very wet and hard to work with. I ended up adding a few handfuls of flour to the dough to be able to shape the scone dough. Also, after baking, the scones were pretty flat. I loved trying a new scone recipe though!

Anyway here is some photos I took in the making of my pear and chocolate scones.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my photos of this scone recipe! I quite enjoyed making theese scones and I doubled the recipe so we could give some to friends of ours and still have plenty for my family.

One thought on “Gwenyth R. : A Food Photographer

1. Wow! That looks like a lot of work! They look delicious, I cant wait to bake them myself! I actually really like baking, thanks so much for sharing this delectable looking desert 🙂