LOON LAKE

A week or two ago (I forget), the PLP 8 and 9s went on a trip to Loon Lake. The PLP teachers refused to call it a ‘retreat’, and chose to call it a learning ‘advance’. 

Here is my beautiful ebook that I made:

On Monday February 14,  we set off on our adventure. We loaded all the luggage onto the bus, then got ourselves onto other busses, and began the hour-ish long drive. Daniel, Charlie, and I were playing a card game for most of the ride. 

When we finally arrived, we did a scavenger hunt, and we got to explore the property.

Skip a day or two ahead and we’re doing laser tag and battle archery with the gr. 9s. 

Laser tag was okay, but we got annihilated by the 9s. It was also hard to get some one out. 

But battle archery… That was the best. There were two teams. The arrows had soft foam or something at the end so it didn’t hurt that much if you got hit by it. The object of the game was to either get everyone out on the opposite team, or knock these targets out of the target thing that was set up on the other side. It looked sorta like this:

The white circles could pop out if you shot an arrow at them. 

Battle archery was one of my favourite activities.

I put a lot more stuff in the ebook, so I won’t put that much more here.

I thought going to Loon Lake was really fun, and I got to get to know my friends a lot better. I wish it was longer, because when I went home, I was kinda sad because I so used to being around everyone.