Teleport Barry- Hivemind

In this project, we used this site called Scratch to program a game or simulator that would show particle movement, states of matter, and atomic models.  

First thing we did, which we always do in Scimatics at the beginning of a project, was make a Mindnode-

Also I should show you the game I made before you get confused:

Blondie’s Game 

Here is core competencies stuff:

Questioning and predicting: Demonstrate a sustained curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of personal interest – All class time is used efficiently for learning without distractions 

Ok, I must admit, I have a hard time focusing in class, and I got distracted. But, it was not for nothing. While I was supposed to be learning how to code and actually start making my game, I wasted almost an entire class working on the most amazing game I will ever make. 

It is called…

Teleport Barry- Hivemind 

I don’t really know how to code, and the controls are messed up, and nothing happens if you finish the game, but it is still the most amazing thing I’ve made. 

Here it is:

Teleport Barry- Hivemind

Following the completion of my actual game that we’re supposed to make, I created the sequel to Teleport Barry- Hivemind.

It’s called…

Teleport Harry- Bivemind 

In this one, I figured out how to code the controls and make it so the timer didn’t reset and people could finish the game in less than 1 second. 

Here is the Bivemind:

Teleport Harry- Bivemind

Scientific communication: communicate ideas, findings, and solutions to problems using scientific language, representations, and digital technologies – Several different atoms/ molecules, different states of matter, and particle motion are represented in the finished product. A historical model of the atom is chosen and implemented

I think I did pretty well in this core competency. In my game, I included three different models of atoms that I made myself, one for each level that I made. I also showed different states of matter, by pressing the fire or snowflake the temperature would change and the particles would   Move around more, and faster. Here are the atomic models I made for this: 

• Iron

Reasoning and analyzing: Use logic and patterns (including coding) to solve puzzles and play games – An interactive Scratch coded matter simulator or game is created with logical conditions and functional user controls

I did do this. I made game with functional controls. It was a simple game, but it still did what it was supposed to. It had logical conditions, you press fire, temperature go’s up, snowflake, temperature down. Once the temperature hit a certain point, the level would switch to the next round and you could continue. 

Overall, I’m proud of the game I made. I think if I were to do this again I would work on it more during class and not try and finish it the night before its due, and I would also figure out how to make the particles move back and forth instead of spinning around. 

Anyways, thank for reading!

Have a good day!