We’re currently watching the Octonauts but lets try to write this blog post

You don’t believe me?

Proof.

Anyway back to the post. 

The driving question for this project was : In what ways have humans beings impacted the delicate cycles within our local ecosystems and how can we lessen our impact?

What did I learn?

Unlike previous classes, I actually was able to focus and take notes! Here they are: 

Keystone #1

Our first keystone was making an interactive food web on Scratch. It had to have at least 10 plants and animals and show how living things interact with each other in an ecosystem. I chose a forest ecosystem. Here it is :

(Click on any of the plants or animals)

After we made that, we had to write a paragraph about our food web:

Keystone #2 

The second keystone we made a news report video about a wildlife management method. My group (Gwen, Keenan, and Andrew) was assigned the wolf cull. 

Here’s our news report:

Keystone #3

The third and final keystone was my favourite. We had to create five fake social media posts about the following : the earth’s spheres, bioaccumulation / biomagnification, food webs, wildlife management practices,and nutrient cycles. They had to have a piece of media, explain humans impacts on each of those topics, and at least one way for people to lessen their impacts on them. My partner for this project was Keira. 

Here are the posts we made:

Also we made a GIF about bioaccumulation. Here it is:

Anyway, I think that’s it, I can’t think of what else to say so –

Thanks for reading! Have a good day