All hail Queen Mackenzie (and the dancing ghosts) đź‘‘

There were bodies everywhere. I saw the lifeless forms of Keira and Kira, my dear friends, my fellow lowerclass comrades. Every time I close my eyes I see them being stabbed, again and again… And when I open my eyes.. I SEE THEM DOING THE MACARENA

THEY ARE GHOSTS NOW

This was just a Launch event for this project (about revolutions), and we got to do a simulation. Divided into groups, we went through 4 days, receiving an envelope with our salary, a news report, and a rumour every day. I’ll explain the groups, and then explain what happened in the simulation,

There was 4 groups, from A – D (A being the lowest), which each had there own tasks, rules, and pay check. 

Group A 

(This was my group)

The lowest of classes, group A had very few rights. We weren’t allowed to go to group D and C’s territory, talk to D and C members without being spoken to first (you could be jailed for this). We were also the garbage collectors of Nation X. 

Daily task: sharpen pencils and write100 words about our daily life, including a word count at the bottom of the page

Salary: $1

Group B

Group B members were the store owners, they set the price for everything. They also couldn’t talk to D or C with out being spoken to first, and they couldn’t go into D and C’s territory without permission. 

Daily task: Manage the store, write 50 words a day about daily life

Salary: $2

Group C 

Group C enforced the law, they could arrest anyone (except group D people) for the following: talking to D and C without being spoken to first, leaving their territories, stealing, or whatever else they thought was a reason for arrest. 

Daily task: enforcing the law, collecting tax money from the store, guarding the jail

Salary: $5

Group D

The highest of the groups, D had the most power. They could arrest whoever they wanted (so long as they weren’t in group D), go into any territory, cut in line at the store. The King also could make court decisions.

Salary: King – $20, other members – $10

Day 1

I hate the upper class folks, they think they’re so much better than us… They make us pick up their garbage and sharpen their pencils. They get to have chairs! I want a chair… I see them walking around with candy and lemonade, if only I could afford it, with my measly one dollar I doubt I will be able to afford anything for a while. I must leave now, as I have to write my 100 words about daily life. ): 

Day 2

We group A’s are rebelling, we are refusing to write our 100 words and pick up garbage. I now have two dollars (still cannot afford anything). But the taxes have gone up, but only for group A and B. We only get a dollar a day! This is quite unfair. 

One of the members of D bought us 2 chairs. Some of us can sit now, but I believe it is simply a way to distract us from other things. Enough is enough, a few friends and I have decided that we group A should be allowed to move anywhere freely. I wrote a note, and threw it to group D’s table. Mackenzie, a friend from before this society was set in place, when we were still free to do as we please, helped pass it as a law. We are free to roam Nation X!

Day 3

I’m not feeling well today… Something feels off. On another note, our salary has been raised! We are making two dollars a day! Also, I stole from group D. They just leave their money on the table, it’s like they’re asking me to take it! I got about five dollars. I’m practically rich now, I can buy things from the store now, though it’s beginning to look a little bare. They do not seem to care that we’re not doing our task. Kira, Keira and I tried to bribe Mackenzie with candy to let us into group D. It did not work. 

Day 4

A disease has struck Nation X. I, along with some other group A’s have been quarantined. I was willing to buy myself a cure to this dreadful illness, but group D has graciously given the cure to us. Kira has been sold to group B. 

Shortly after, Kira and Keira bribed a guard to kill them. Tensions are rising in Nation X and the stress of that was just too much for them. I saw the moment the life drained from their eyes… I can barely stand life without them. I have stolen more money, about $25 dollars. Group D now has weapons. I attempted to steal one of them. I was arrested, but in trial I was declared innocent. I was arrested again. For the same thing. No one was guarding the jail, and I managed to escape. I am simply bored and there is nothing much to do, except steal and watch the ghosts of Kira and Keira dance and dance. 

Two members of D have fled the nation, leaving only one person. I fear something worse is coming. They have returned! Oh no… they are running around killing everyone… there is so much blood, it is a massacre. Nation X has fallen, though I have not died, I managed to dodge the attackers. Mackenzie has declared herself Queen. I suppose this is farewell, I hope those in the future who read this can avoid what happened in this society. 

This simulation was really fun! I might have forgotten a few details but I tried my best to write a good journal. 

Anyway that’s it for now, goodbye!